1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tosh P48 + or - Speakers

Discussion in 'TVs' started by builder, Aug 26, 2004.

1. builder

builder

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I'm confused, I've seen the new Tosh P48 in a large retailer ( Currys ) without speakers or the connectors on the back panel, it was badged as a P46, I can't see this on the Tosh website or other shops. Does anybody know where else I could get one.

I've nearly decided on this TV but really can't get over the fact that I'm going to have to dump the speakers if I buy,as the Price for the non speaker version from Currys is still too high.

With it's new look and proven PQ it aims at the top end of the CRT market
    but why on earth do Toshiba insist on selling it with speakers when surely most people will either have or want a dedicated sound system.

Cheers

Builder

2. potshot

potshot

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +176
    Don't buy it in curry's. Check out companies in what hi fi and get a good discount. I don't know what the best price you can get the new tosh for but I think I seen others on this forum saying they got it for £1300 or less

3. builder

builder

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks potshot,

Yes you're right, I'm in the early stages of looking around, I was trying to get my head round this business of Currys selling a model that fits my criteria exactly that nobody else sells, I thought in these days of " Block exemption" that this could not happen, it also strikes me as odd that Toshiba have a high profile model being sold in the UK that they do not list on their website or brochures. I'm sure if they released this speakerless version they would have a winner.

Regards

builder :rolleyes:

4. bboy-mass

bboy-mass

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    Builder,

If you are refering to the 36P48 PF3, then you can purchase the 36P46P without speakers and Dolby digital (nicam only).

My 36pf48p coat £1300 online, and thats with 2 sets of speakers and the stand. You shuld be able to pick up the nicam model for around £1100 - £1200.

The only trouble with the cheap deals (mail order or web orders), is that the service suffers. I had a crap time trying to get my PF2 replaced after the tube packed up after 10 months, but with trading standards behind me and a phone call to Toshiba, it tuned out ok after 6 wks of ****. :thumbsdow

Look around, but be carefull. :D

Regards
    Bboy

5. builder

builder

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi bboy-mass,

Thanks, yes thats the model I mean, it's becoming clearer now. I didn't realise Toshiba did a standard nicam version ( Curious it is not on their website ).

I agree, don't buy purely on price.

I've searched and searched and can't see the 46 Nicam model on the web anywhere, where have you seen it at the prices you mentioned ?

Many Thanks

builder