1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tosh or JVC???

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by tonyselon, Nov 23, 2004.

1. tonyselon

Aug 9, 2002
    Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    South East London
    After much trawling thru threads and online stores & manufacturers websites(for specs) I've decided that the 80Gig/Ram/-RW recorder to go for is between Toshiba RDXS32 and JVC DRMH20. I excluded the Panasonic DMRE85 because it doesn't do RW which I will require.

From what I've gathered if I'm recording from Freeview and/or Sky (I'll be doing both) I'll need to record via RGB but although the JVC specs says it has dual scarts with "satellite compatibility" is this RGB recording? The Tosh specs says it has 2 scarts with RGB again, same question there.

If they both have RGB recording I need help to decide which one to go for as basically I'll be using it to timeshift and occasionally keep the odd gem on TV( ie. Blue Planet,The Planets,Space Odyssey etc, you get the gist). Those I wont be keeping will need to be recorded on -RW to watch on other DVD players. I quite like the idea of thumbnail chapters with different designs to choose from, but do they both do this?

So your thoughts would be appreciated especially if you can suggest alternatives but I've discounted Pioneer(no RAM) & Panasonic(no +/-RW) & Sony (no 80G deck) . I dont need my choice to have a tuner nor camcorder DV links.