1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

tosh or hitachi

Discussion in 'TVs' started by br0d, Mar 7, 2002.

1. br0d

br0d
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    help lost

currently have hitachi C32WF810N and contrary to what most people think i h8 the picture slurrs real bad and have like small pixels especially in scenes with explosions or football!!
    Was lookin at the toshiba 32ZP18P would anyone anyone see this as an improvement or am i chasing the ghost i have a pioneer dv77 5.1 system so sound really isnt important on the set just looks picture and usability.I wont pretend to know the jargon but laymans terms are exepted :)

cheers andy

2. br0d

br0d
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    it really doesnt need to be either your views on what would be a better choice would be appreciated i picked the tosh as it gives me slighlty more room to work with being a smaller frame etc

thanks again andy :p

3. CouchPotato

CouchPotato

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi andy.

There are many posts here relating the zp18's...but heres my 2pence worth anyway....

I have recently purchased the 32ZP18. Overall i am extremely pleased with the set, especially its aesthetics (she’s a beauty), i love the fact that its just screen with no bulky speakers glued on the side.

As for performance, with a good source signal the picture is simply stunning, very clear, very sharp and very stable. (I took time to tweak settings, with the aid of this forum.) It comes with 4 external speakers, which for me coming from a nicam Panny, really does make a difference as the sound now fills the entire room and doesn’t just come from the set.

As for bad points, on my particular set the only minor niggle/hidden feature is that the tube has very slighty lighter edges. This is _only_ noticeable on screens of solid orange or solid red. I cannot see this effect whilst watching, only when looking for it on solid coloured screens.

Conisidering its weakpoint, I still regard the zp18 set as better than the 'scrolling bar' sonys, or moire patterned and box-like pananasonics. (i didnt look at hitachi sets and cant afford to look at Loewe's)

i hope this aids you in your decision making.

4. br0d

br0d
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks, those are all the reasons the forum spoints to it .But i was just wondering if there was anyone who could shed some light on a direct comparison to the hitachi or another tip.Being new to the forum i am having problems with walking after reading threads for 3 hours without a break :)

regards andy