Tosh HD-E1 Now, or Wait for Next Generation?

Actually, by the time I got home last night the fear had gone away, and I was quite looking forward to joining in with the HD fun. Unfortunately, as fate would have it, I arrived in work this morning to an email stating there was a problem with my order (the CVS numbers on the back of my card have worn off, so I had to take a guess at the first digit!), so it would appear I'll have to go through it all again today!

The world hates me. :suicide:

I'm always at my most nervous as I am entering my credit card details.......the carpet in our hallway is quite thick and I don't ALWAYS hear her coming :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: But once you've pressed the "buy now" button the fear normally passes quite quickly. Why does buying A/V gear make you feel like you're having an affair?:confused::confused:

:rotfl::rotfl: Thats great :cool:

aye thirded!!!

So elicit is mine I lie awake thinking of her...

aye thirded!!!

So elicit is mine I lie awake thinking of her...

Two weeks ago I set out to buy an Onkyo 505 and was possibly thinking about an E-1 to go with it at sometime in the future.....
I now have an Onkyo 605 with a bloody PS3 plugged into it and an E-1 (or it's replacement) lined up in the wings.
I told my missus they were doing a deal.....buy the Onk and the PS3 was thrown in as a "free gift".....
She is going to kill me when she finds out the truth
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I'm very tempted to buy an E1, just because it's cheap, and would be an entry into the HD world for me, but can someone please clarify a couple of points?

1. I have a Panasonic 37PX70 Plasma, with a screen resolution of 1024x720. Am I going to get the best out of the E1 with this panel?

2. If I buy a UK version of this player, I will be able to play US purchased HD-DVDs but not Region 1 SD-DVDs, as HD-DVDs are not region coded, yes?

Thanks in advance!

Simon.

E1 is a great match for you lovely panel.

You will be able to play HD DVDs from ANYWHERE but only R2 / RO DVDs on an E1 atm.

Thanks for that clarification.

Er... 'atm', does that mean there could a region hack round the corner? :confused:

I think its more of a case of 'never say never' as opposed to 'round the corner'.

Apparently Toshiba are doing a new promo with 5 free HD DVDs soon, if they do that with the HD-E1 I'll buy one

Won't that be with the newer models? Dunno, but I've just ordered an E1 from Sound and Vision. Bit miffed, as it said In Stock on the site, then the delivery says up to 7 days. :( Still, got to make room for it somewhere first. :rolleyes:

Well, it's with regret that I've had to cancel the order. It was an impulse purchase, and I hadn't really thought it through, but although I want it, I just haven't got room for it. To make room would mean replacing my current HDD PVR and separate DVDR, with a combi, like the Sony RDR-HXD870B, which I really like, but I have only just bought the existing stuff, and the cost of all this is starting to snowball. I am going to wait until a twin tuner hard drive DVDR comes out, and think about it again then, as that would be a more sensible time to upgrade, rather than just purchasing for the sake of making room for something I don't really need.

(I bet I'll change my mind again by this evening!)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom