1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tosh Geometry

Discussion in 'TVs' started by Russell_S, Oct 12, 2003.

1. Russell_S

Russell_S

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Hi all,

I have just taken delivery of a Toshiba 32Z23B 32" widescreen TV from Comet Direct. I am not particularly happy with the picture geometry as vertical lines at the edge of the screen are not straight and the picture is sloping down from left to right. I was a little dissapointed that there is no picture rotation setting in the menu's to correct the sloping issue.

I am now in two minds what to do. If I get it swapped for another of the same model, what are the chances of these problems being just as bad or worse. Or, do I change it for a different make.

Any thoughts/personal experiences anyone?

Regards

Russell

2. Marty McFly

Marty McFly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Is this the black Picture Frame style Tosh?

If so then I have seen this very problem on at least 3 different sets, one from Dixons, Comet and Plumbs TV and video.

I get the feeling this is a problem on a universal scale so even if you do purchase a replacement the problem will still be evident. Its not noticable on TV material without black bars but otherwise annoying.

3. dtsrules

dtsrules

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I had this problem and ended up getting my money back as the second set i got was worse. The supposedly better award winning 32zd26p is just as bad, I ended up testing 3 of these and all were terrible.
    On a side note I was told by two seperate Tosh engineers that the geometry problems on both models where well know and could never be fixed properly in the service menu.

No, its the low end strata style.