Tosh EP30 & EP35

Smudgster

Novice Member
Advice please. Me and a m8 are thinking of buying a hd DVD player. I already have HD DVD E1 which is great.

My setup is a SAMSUNG LE40F86BDX, Yamaha Amp, 5.1 etc etc

He has got a SAMSUNG LE40R87BDX and thats it. He unsure if he is going to get surround sounds system yet as he has 2 very young kids

Am i right in thinking that I may be better going for the EP35 and my mate go for the EP30 or is it worth both of us getting the EP35

Thanks for advice

Smudge

PS - If there are other player around the same money please let me know.

kingfats

Distinguished Member
Advice please. Me and a m8 are thinking of buying a hd DVD player. I already have HD DVD E1 which is great.

My setup is a SAMSUNG LE40F86BDX, Yamaha Amp, 5.1 etc etc

He has got a SAMSUNG LE40R87BDX and thats it. He unsure if he is going to get surround sounds system yet as he has 2 very young kids

Am i right in thinking that I may be better going for the EP35 and my mate go for the EP30 or is it worth both of us getting the EP35

Thanks for advice

Smudge

PS - If there are other player around the same money please let me know.

Hi mate :)
Here's some reading on the difference between the two. :smashin:

http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=626502
party-073.gif

AnthonyG

Distinguished Member
The reasons why it is advisable to get the EP35 over the EP30 are for two main reasons.

1. You have an AV receiver that can't handle audio over HDMI.

2. You have an AV receiver that can internally decode DTSMA (E.G the new Onkyo's).

If neither of those apply, which you have not mentioned which Yamaha Amp you have, then all you really need is the EP30.

Rasczak

Distinguished Member
Not HD audio,no
That's annoying - I thought the only difference was the EP35 had analogue outputs! :suicide:

I assume the EP30 will internally decoding Dolby Digital Plus and TrueHD and output as multi-channel PCM?

kingfats

Distinguished Member
That's annoying - I thought the only difference was the EP35 had analogue outputs! :suicide:

I assume the EP30 will internally decoding Dolby Digital Plus and TrueHD and output as multi-channel PCM?

Hi mate :)
Yes,it does............no problem there. :smashin:

Rasczak

Distinguished Member
Cheers - will probably pickup the EP35 then rather than the EP30 just to keep future options open.

Rasczak

Distinguished Member

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom