Tosh E1 firmware

scaper

I have been told by E1 will arrive tomorrow. What is the latest firmware version and what is the best way to install it (i do run a wireless router in my house - virgin media)

Ned Senior

I have been told by E1 will arrive tomorrow. What is the latest firmware version and what is the best way to install it (i do run a wireless router in my house - virgin media)

Hi I found that using an ethernet cable direct to the modem via virgin worked perfick
just remember to power off everything, connect it up, restart modem awaiting boot to finish then power on E1 and go to update (make sure the E1 is set to auto configure the dhcp etc it is in the manual which is easy to read and you will find what I mean)
I believe the firmware is V2.0 however the E1 once connected will tell you if there is an update available when you run the "check for updates" process
Good luck

Cheers
Phil

kbfern

Distinguished Member
Stollystarter

I have a pc with a telewest/virgin cable modem and a linksys wireless router please clarify for me.Is the routine below correct?

1. Set E1 to auto configure whilst not connected to router.

2. Switch off computer,modem & wireless router

3.Plug E1 into router via ethernet cable

4. Power on pc modem & router,when all all booted up turn E1 on.

I have bought an E1 today and want to make sure its on the latest software before I use it.

Thanks

Ned Senior

Stollystarter

I have a pc with a telewest/virgin cable modem and a linksys wireless router please clarify for me.Is the routine below correct?

1. Set E1 to auto configure whilst not connected to router.

2. Switch off computer,modem & wireless router

3.Plug E1 into router via ethernet cable

4. Power on pc modem & router,when all all booted up turn E1 on.

I have bought an E1 today and want to make sure its on the latest software before I use it.

Thanks

:hiya:
I would plug directly into modem with ethernet cable if poss. that's what I did
although give it a try into the router at point (3)

all is correct in your list!!!

Point (5) read your manual (I forget which remote buttons to press right now) to check and update fimware on E1.

It really is a simple process... I did it B4 spinning my first disc; some people had trouble with SD DVD's not playing until they spun the matrix dvd I did not although the first few seconds of tarzan was the very first disc played on mine... I believe for some folks that a proper region 2 disc had to be played to lock the machine for R2 I'm not sure if doing a FW update to Ver. 2.0 fixes this or not

sorry only just read your thread or would have posted this reply earlier on

Tata
Phil

Chris-W

Standard Member
Anyone have a copy of any E1 firmwares?, i'm sure someone has a disc sent to them, very hard to find, A2's all over the internet.
PM please!

kbfern

Distinguished Member
Did mine over the internet today it went very smoothly.

It took about 40 mins and included 38 updates.

Ist switch E1 on, go into Internet settings,select DHCP to ON and then DHS setting to ON select confirm then switch E1 off.

Connect your E1 to your router or modem with a ethernet lead then(with e1 switched off) then switch e1 on, go to maintenance in the menu and select update and away it goes.

Do not switch off machine till update finnished,its as simple as that.

kbfern

Distinguished Member
Don't know what version software it was(2.0 I assume) only got my machine yesterday which came with the original software.

I understand that there may be a new software update next month.

Don't know what version software it was(2.0 I assume) only got my machine yesterday which came with the original software.

I understand that there may be a new software update next month.

Just got an email from Toshiba UK, saying we'll be getting the new firmware next week if everything goes well :thumbsup:

D65

Novice Member
Hey,

Just updated directly connected to my modem.

Worked like a charm, installed 39 updates:thumbsup:

Dimitri

Ned Senior

what does the new firmware offer? is it noticeable?
It's just that i have to go through quite alot of grief to connect it up to my router so don't really want to have to do it unless its worth it

There is no new firmware released yet... the last update took it to (ver. 2.0) which was ages ago I only updated to that because my E1 was brand new that day and I thought the FW on it was very old.
Myself I think I will await peoples experiences with any new version when it is released and make sure it doesn't cause any problems first as my player currently works like a dream.

The latest video from AVForums

LG CX Best Picture Settings
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom