• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Tosh dolby digital pro logic

S

shaun c

Hi, after months of searching for a decent plasma/lcd I have gone back to crt i have just ordered a tosh 36zp48 for picture quality v cost i dont think it can be beaten it cost me just under £900 and will be deliver next thurs all going well my questions are
1.How good is the sound quality (i have only been usedto dolby pro-logic)
2.Should i invest in a cinema system like a denon 500 do you only benifit from this via dvd?
3.Should i invest in a component lead from dvd to tv if so any recomendations
Thanks, any advice appreciated

Conn

1. Of the TV? Don't know but the spec looks nice.

2. If you are planning on using the surround speakers that come with the TV, I would say no. A DVD player with progressive scan would do the trick.

3. Yes

TheDevil2004

Standard Member
I purchased the same Tosh 36" just before Xmas at £999, and I agree with you regarding excellent value for money.

The TV is excellent, I purchased the Denon DHT550 and used KEF KHT2005.2 Speakers, spent about £200 on connecting cables and im well happy, make sure you use a component video for the progressive scan.

S

shaun c

Devil did you also use a optical digital connection or digital coax connection from dvd for sound to go with the component output cables for picture quality, I jnow this tv has progressive scan butto benifit from this fully does your dvd also have to have this or am I wrong in this assumption.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom