1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tosh DLP & Xbox via component?

Discussion in 'TVs' started by Muffminer, Dec 29, 2004.

1. Muffminer

Muffminer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Hi,

Got my tosh today but having trouble to get my xbox to play via the component connections on the back of the tv.

I get picture and sound but the picture is in black & white and its got lines all over it. My Hi-Def kit is currently on order so need to get this sorted so i can use it till then.

If anyone has got any ideas what i need to do or give me suggestions id be very grateful.

Thanks in advance.

Warren,

2. kennyb

kennyb
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    have you activated high def settings in xbox control panel?

3. phunt

phunt
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    If you havnt got your Hi Def kit yet what are you connecting it with.I have a feeling your using the standard xbox lead which is in fact composite (red,white and yellow) and not component (red,green and blue) for which the connections are on the side of the tv behind the flappy stand leg and not on the back.Hope this helps.

4. lee31

lee31

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I got my Hi Def kit just b4 xmas, not had time to link it up yet

Is there Hi Def settings on Xbox then ??

5. phunt

phunt
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    I havnt received my Hi def kit yet but from what ive read once you connect the cables it gives you another format option in the xbox's main menu.But your xbox has to be modded to be able to switch to NTSC.I have the avalaunch dashboard on my xbox and ive noticed it has hi def settings on it also but your hard drive has to be unlocked to be able to change them.

6. Sir_Baron

Sir_Baron

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It annoys me greatly that they even disabled the HDTV on the pal version of the xbox... i mean why not let it in for those who are fortunate to have such tv's like ourselves. They probably took more work to remove it then they did just to keep it there :rolleyes:.

7. Demon

Demon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +57
    you can use the simple video switcher program for the Xbox to switch between NTSC and PAL, and you want to goto the standard MS dashbaord, with HiDef kit plugged in, you can select you 720p, 1080i etc from there.

8. Salty Seadog

Salty Seadog

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Where can i purchase a set of Hi-Def leads from for my x-box ?

9. GazH

GazH

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +89
    Hi,

Out of interest, what is the picture like through the normal xbox leads.....

and

If you wanted to get the HiDef picture from the xbox it sounds like you'd have to mod it.... wouldn't this leave yuo open to the possibility of getting your xbox disabled whilst on Xbox live ?????

Cheers

Gaz

10. phunt

phunt
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Salty Seadog : I got my Hi Def Kit yesterday from Lik-Sang but i noticed after ordering them that they are readily available from Ebay.
    I had a little fiddle with them last night and I can tell you the picture quality in the avalaunch dashboard menu is amazingly clear in 1080 and a world apart from RGB scart.I tried need for speed underground (NTSC) and the colours and clarity were very vibrant but im not sure if they were a bit too vibrant if you know what i mean,maybe 720 will be the better option.It kind of made the game look like PS2 (very sharp and dare i say a bit jaggedy)but im not even sure if nfsu is a Hi-Def compatible game.
    I also copied a Vob from Gladiator to my xbox hard drive and ran it in 1080 through XBMP and the quality was superior to my Toshiba SD330E through component but im having some issues with what i can only describe as blurry vision on my DLP which im about to make another post about,but this is a TV issue and not a xbox hi def kit problem.
    All in all though i would highly recommend the kit for all xbox users.

11. Muffminer

Muffminer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Yea ive got my Xbox softmodded so i have no chips installed etc, so now my xbox is switched to NTSC so i can play the hi-def feeds. And since it uses software already known to microsoft they will never ban you online. Look in console gaming forum for more information.

12. Muffminer

Muffminer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Well i managed to find my scart connection for the xbox so got it up and running. However when i play pro evo 4 i occasionally get huge purple/green lines practically take up the whole screen in flashes. Am i right in thinking this is the dreaded rainbow effect? As ive watched norm tv via sky and dvd and dont seem to notice it at all.

As stated hi-def kit is on the way, reckon this might help with this problem?

13. phunt

phunt
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    No m8 dont worry thats just the tv switchin modes from NTSC to PAL and vice versa.Perfectly normal.

14. GazH

GazH

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +89
    Cheers for that,

Will check the console forum for more info

Cheers

Gaz