Tosh Competition

DustySox

Hi,

I have still yet to dip my toe into HD DVD.

What I can't understand is if HD is the new "thang"! Why is Toshiba the only company actively investing in HD DVD?

Regards

Darren

D

Deleted member 92943

I guess that at this point in time, the other comapnies believe Blu-Ray to be the future

Universal are the only movie comapny soley invested in HD-DVD and Microsoft is kind of supporting HD-DVD

MAW

Banned
A number of makes have HD-DVD players in the pipeline. How many BD players out of the stupendous 4 makers can you afford? (2 of whom have gone for dual format players next)

TrevorS

Hi,

I have still yet to dip my toe into HD DVD.

What I can't understand is if HD is the new "thang"! Why is Toshiba the only company actively investing in HD DVD?

Regards

Darren

There are basically three levels of investment visibility. The most obvious is where the products are currently for sale. That is Toshiba, Microsoft, and LG.

The next level is where companies have announced intention to produce products. Those are Onkyo, Meridian, Samsung, and at least three Chinese companies.

The third level is the companies that are currently evaluating possibilities with current technology providers. These we don't hear about until plans have pretty much firmed up. They are announced at trade shows and by press releases, Samsung being the most recent announcement.

There are also other announced companies such as Lite-On that builds drives.

The latest video from AVForums

Are the TCL MiniLED TVs better than OLED? TCL Interview with Marek Maciejewski | AVForums Podcast
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom