Tosh compared to HTPC

RLT

Just wondering how a 1080p upscaled DVD played back on a Tosh. player compares to that played back on on a HTPC using Power DVD dislayed via projector.

Currently using ATI x800 plat.edition card on PC with lastest drivers to my HD1 PJ and the image is stunning.

But have been considering a 1080p Tosh. player to replace my old DVD player under the TV so I don't have to carry my PC downstairs every time I want to watch a film on the HD1.

Thanks
RLT

RockySpieler

Another option would be to drill a hole in the ceiling above the projector, and run a vga/dvi cable plus usb for IR receiver, and leave the PC upstairs.

RLT

Another option would be to drill a hole in the ceiling above the projector, and run a vga/dvi cable plus usb for IR receiver, and leave the PC upstairs.

The PJ is not ceiling mounted.
Just really wanted to know the compared video performances, as the Tosh. would be a convenient replacement for both xbox HD-DVD drive, (have to steal my sons xbox to use it, all those wires & power packs etc) and my PC, but don't want to loose ANY video qualitity and don't want to spend the cash and find the playback of DVD's on the Tosh, isn't as good as my PC...... if you see what I mean.

jamieuk23

Banned
upscaling on the tosh is very good and I would say better than upscaling on a PC.

If you use FFDSHOW thou and use limitedsharpenfaster you get better results that any up scaling DVD player

to most people what I am talking about is like speaking another language

Donnacha

Distinguished Member
upscaling on the tosh is very good and I would say better than upscaling on a PC.

If you use FFDSHOW thou and use limitedsharpenfaster you get better results that any up scaling DVD player

to most people what I am talking about is like speaking another language

Well I actually use a PC and I think the pq on the PC looks better than my HD-A1, and i don't use FFDSHOW!

Maybe the newer tosh models are better at upscaling than the A1?

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Cleer Audio speaker + HiFi Rose Streamer Reviews & Movie/TV Show talk
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom