1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tosh and Digital-Point

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by j4tts, Feb 17, 2005.

1. j4tts

j4tts
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    After checking out all the reviews on this forum i have decided to go for the Tosh :smashin: , even though i haven't seen one physically yet in my area of Coventry.

Best price ive seen is at digital-point.co.uk, £1510 inc delivery plus 6 months interest free credit. Has anyone dealt with this company before and if so what is there service like?

cheeRS

2. g_unit

g_unit
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    j4tts, not a good idea mate!

I was convinced I wanted the tosh, but when I saw it in the flesh I changed my mind. This is despite me desperately wanting to like the set, it just didn't cut the cheese for me. This set met my needs down to a T, 50"+ screen, HD, Good looking and great price. I just didn't find the hard picture to my liking.

You may love it or loath it just like anything else, but when your dropping £1600 on something you cant just chuck in the boot and take back if you dont like it I would suggest doing your research first!

My 2 pence worth anyways...

3. theblacksheep

theblacksheep

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +128
    I dealt with them the other week.

Not very helpful over the phone.

Once my order was placed the "with you in 48 hours" turned into 5 days after I called them to remind them.

After we agreed a day for delivery they turned up on time. Took it out of the box to check for external problems and off they went.

overall not a great service, but when they offer interest free credit at £500 less than comet and have it in your house within a week you cant complain.

P.s. The tosh is excellent.

4. j4tts

j4tts
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the comments guy. Does anyone know any companys having this tv on display at their stores in the midlands area?

5. KableMan

KableMan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +87
    Hi j4tts

They have the Toshiba 46", the Samsung 50" and the Sagem 50" on display in the COMET on the Solihull Retail Park just off the M42 Junction 4. They have the HD demo running on the Sagem and basic feeds into the other two. The Currys on the same retail park has the DLP demo running on the Samsung 50".

So far i've been blown away by the Sagem HD demo - but then its HD so I expect all these DLPs to look good with HD - it has real 3D depth to the image and no signs of any blurring or rainbows.

The Toshiba and Samsung are side-by-side and I think they show their differences quite well. The Toshiba looks very sharp and a touch harsh which doesn't do it any favours with the dodgy feed. Although I've heard that its great with DVDs and its sharpness will stand it in good stead when HD comes along. Whereas the Samsung does a pretty fine job of making the feed look good - smooth and cinema like without losing the sharpness. The Samsungs have received great reviews and they are said to have that real depth to them. The DLP demo on the Samsung in Currys looks pretty good too - not HD quality - and I guess they've not played with the settings much so it does look good.

I've only managed to see the 46" Samsung in the Currys by IKEA off Junction 9 of the M6 and it looked pretty good too - again softer than the Toshiba but not too soft. I'd like to see them with some of my DVD's to see how they get on. And I'd like to see the 46" screens side-by-side.

I think the picture is subjective and a personal preference thing and I'd recommend you do go out of your way to try and see one before buying - it's a lot of dosh!

I fancied the Toshiba but based on reviews and seeing one in the flesh I think i'm leaning towards the Samsung now instead and I may even wait a while because Samsung have at least two more generations that they've not launched in the UK yet.

BTW http://www.buyyourav.com have the Toshiba for £1458.

I hope this helps,
    Regards
    KableMan