Tosh a1 any tried both component and Hdmi..

martian1

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Has anyone tried both connections to compare..I have component but think colours could be better would hdmi make a differance ?

Has anyone tried both connections to compare..I have component but think colours could be better would hdmi make a differance ?

Usual experience is that the two are very close, but HDMI is just a little better. If you want to be sure using your display, etc, then you need to try both yourself.

Hi

TrevorS is dead right. Spend a few hours comparing pictures carried over both. HDMI can at times exagerate picture flaws e.g. grain. I find that HDMI does give a sharper image but a mate finds compnent better. Personal choice but worth experimenting.

Good Luck!

Hi

TrevorS is dead right. Spend a few hours comparing pictures carried over both. HDMI can at times exagerate picture flaws e.g. grain. I find that HDMI does give a sharper image but a mate finds compnent better. Personal choice but worth experimenting.

Grain is not a flaw, it's part of the film stock. If the film stock is manipulated in some way (digitally ?) to remove the grain, then you're not seeing the genuine article.

Grain is not a flaw, it's part of the film stock. If the film stock is manipulated in some way (digitally ?) to remove the grain, then you're not seeing the genuine article.

That's one that seems to be a bit more complex these days since depending on the video CODEC and encoding, grain can end up either exaggerating or diminished.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom