Tosh 56WH08B rear-proj probs- Anyone help?

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by Wiggins, May 17, 2004.

1. Wiggins

Wiggins

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    I've owned this tv from brand new for a few years now (bought when it first came out). I only use it to watch dvd's on- rarely gets more than a film's length viewing over a week.
    Just recently I've begin to notice that where there are large patches of a single colour on-screen ( like the sky or sea for eg) I can see horizontal static lines across the screen. Sometimes I can see black lines, sometimes bright white ones as though light is shining through the screen.
    I assume it is a problem across the whole screen, but only visible in the conditions I said. It isn't a prob with my dvd player ( a tosh connected woth component cables) as I have ssen the prob occur with standard tv, and is also visible when bringing up the white menus.
    Anyone got any ideas - are the lamps likely to be on their way out?
    I've emailed Toshiba, but they want me to phone their tech support, and in my experience, unless a set is unviewable, they won't give a toss.
    Any help would be massively appreciated as it's one of those probs that is really beginning to hamper my viewng enjoyment.
    Cheers
    Wiggins