1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tosh 52wm48p Bought it with your help!

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by P&J, Mar 13, 2005.

1. P&J

P&J
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    A big thank you to all you guys with the Tosh 46wm48p (and the few who have got the 52). My wife and I first saw DLP (Sim2) whilst auditioning surround sound systems and were blown away by the visuals. The Sim2 was a bit pricey and the box not very attractive but we were hooked on DLP rear pro. I then discovered this forum and have been avidly following the threads. Your views (both good and bad) have led us to our purchase of the Tosh 52. WOW, just magnificent viewing via Sky+ and Denon 2910. Sky+ is much better than I was expecting. Our view is that the quality depends on the quality of the original recording more than the transmission. There are very good pictures available on most of the channel we watch and some less good. But none that are unwatchable. Most are stunning. :clap:

2. Les

Les
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Welcome to the club. I agree completely with your summary. I have only ever seen any artifacts/faults on the picture when older or poorer quality sources are viewed - and only then in very few occasions. I spent a lot of time actually trying to see any picture faults, but gave that up after a few days when there were none to speak of.

Not many mention the TV sound capabilities - I must say that I use the TV sound in preference to my amp/speakers most of the time. It has the best sound system for a TV that I have ever experienced.

I hope you get as much enjoyment from your 52wm48 as I do from mine.

3. dmanbelfast

dmanbelfast
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

I just got my 52wm48 and I am really happy with it. After weeks of scurrying around the internet I plonked for this won. Basically because of its size and lowish price point.

It is really great with my upscaling DVD player samsung dvd745, my hd xbox over component and sky+ rgb. I am delighted with Sky picture. On a good quality source it is amazing e.g. Black Hawk Down on five last night looked amazing.

The set is big but is remarkably thin and takes up less depth then my old cabinet.

Bye

Des