Tosh 520 probs

chris

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Anyone else haveing the same prob as me with BTTF R2......??

Disk 1 at around 26 mins, just after the doc puts more plutonium in the car, the player freezes.....

I'm not sure weather to get a replacement, or try and get a refund.
The player turned up today and this is the first film i have tried on it.
Have not tried any others, but BTTF is the most watched film in my house....it is on, nearly every day, so the player is not a lot of good to me if it cannot play this.

I also noticed that the pic was not as good as my pioneer 626, so would i be best getting a replacement and messing around with the picture adjustments or get a refund and go for the pioneer 656.

Any comments please.

its a problem with the disks, the bttf box set had a manufacturing problem with disks 2 and 3 from what I remember(but disk one may have been affected as well), I believe you send the disks back and they are replaced.

if you want to look at a full discussion of this, go to http://www.709online.com/home.htm then to forums and them to disks and then there is a thread about 10 down discussing this.

The basic solution is to contact the place you bought them from asking for a replacement. However this reply was recieved by one guy from Play.com if it helps:

I have just received this email from Play

Hi there

We have just received word that the box sets are to be replaced.

You will need to send this item direct to the manufacturers for replacement. The will need to be sent recorded delivery to :

F.A.O Customer Services
Universal Music
Chippenham Drive
Kingston
Milton Keynes
Bucks
MK10 0AT

I hope that this information is helpful to you.

If you have any further queries please contact us on 08458001020.

Kind Regards

Play

Thanks for the reply, but what you mention, is the framing prob with the disks, which has been descussed, just about everywhere.

This is different to my prob........my prob is the player freezeing while playing them.....they play ok on my pioneer, but the tosh freezezs after 26 mins of the first film.

Just wondered if anyone else was getting the same prob with there 520's......??

I should be haveing a replacement delivered tommorrow, so will se if its this player at fault, or weather it is going to affect all the 520's.....
I hope i have just got a dodgy one, other wise i have got to go through the hassle of a refund, as the company i ordered from, does not stock the pioneer 656.

Here's hopeing.

My appologies, I really need to read the whole of people posts! *rolls eyes*
Anyway, good luck with the replacement!

Where are all the people, that own 520's......??

Have they all deserted the AVForums.......??

Or is it that none of them own a copy of BTTF.......??

Or maybe just after the thread where they were all buying them, they found out, that they freeze on most films and have all got rid of them.........Am i doomed to be the only person with a 520.

Chris

I have a Tosh 520 and BTTF trilogy (R2)

Watched the whole lot a couple of weeks ago and there were no problems at all with freeze ups.

So you have a faulty disk or player! - not really sure how that helps you but there you are.

Incidentally - I have never had a freeze up on the Tosh with any R1, R2, or R4 disks

Cheers

Thanks for replying tim.

Good to hear yours is ok.....
I got the replacement one today...thats what i call service, i only rang them yesterday.

Tried BTTF R2 D1....does not freeze up completly, but it still freezes 3 times during the film.....also tried Monsters inc, that frozze twice.......next tried For a few dollars more, that was OK.

The dealer is not open again untill monday (i think).
So will give it a good test over the weekend, so i can reel of a number of titles, that it freezes with......then find out how good the service is, when i ask for a refund.

Hopefully there will not be to much of a prob, so can go out next week and get myself the 656.

I also tried the CD playing side of things and compared it to my 626......the 626 made the 520 sound like a cheap hi-fi unit, i had years ago......shame really, it looked nice haveing a matching TV and DVD player.

i tried out my R2 copy of BTTF Disk 1 and there are no probs on my SD520e ... could your disk be scratched or dirty as u say its the most watched dvd in your house ... i dont know if u have young kids or not but i find the only time i've had probs with disks on any of my dvd players its manily down to tiny lil finger prints from the lil one .... if its the dvd player all i can say sorry to hear u have had 2 bad ones ...

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom