Tosh 520 or Philips 963sa

S

SmegFirk

I have only used a pc for dvd... i'm getting a plasma and a 'proper' dvd player...

Do i need the pal prog that philips will give me, or shall i make do with pal interlaced on the tosh..

Pal prog always better if you can get it.
Harman Kardon DVD25 does it with the relevent firmware upgrade.
Philips aint out here just yet and there is some confusion about if it will do PAL prog out the box.

If you source them from Holland, they wil do PAL-P and are multi-region out of the box.

Mine arrived last week, excellent unit, and it gives a stunning picture with PAL-P when projecting paired with a Panasonic AE-300.

If you are intended to use a big screen - say 42" plasma or projecting, I think you need PAL-P unless your unit has a good de-interlacer.

Originally posted by Puddleduck
If you source them from Holland, they wil do PAL-P and are multi-region out of the box.

Mine arrived last week, excellent unit, and it gives a stunning picture with PAL-P when projecting paired with a Panasonic AE-300.

If you are intended to use a big screen - say 42" plasma or projecting, I think you need PAL-P unless your unit has a good de-interlacer.
It's the 37" 5b panasonic.... i've contacted soundform.nl and they expect some on the 29th...

I thought i needed to remote hack for multi-region and prog pal... are you saying that i need to do the 'in-the-box' remote code to enable prog pal, but region issues are sorted for me? i don't have a one-for-all...

Where did you get yours?

:)

I got mine from Soundform, and it was PAL-P and MR out of the box. I didn't have to do any remote hacking - everything just WORKED :)

When I ordered it, I asked whether it would come with PAL-P and MR and they said yes! In fact, thats the way they ship it, unless you ask them otherwise.

BTW without the PAL-P hack, you can still get PAL-P its just output at 525P rather than "unprocessed" at 625P.

Thanks Andy, i'll go with them.

Did you pay on delivery or use paypal? i don't have a paypal account... does COD have to be cash.

I see you're Cambs based, cool :)

I used Paypal, but I believe you can do COD via UPS too. I imagine COD could be a cheque or whatever, but can't really comment with authority as I didnt' use this method.

It only takes 5 minutes to set up a PayPal account, and in fact, I've used it twice now - once for my Soundform order, and once for my PriceJapan order for my new projector.

Order placed :)

I'll use paypal, now i'm going to buy some component leads and wait for the goods.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom