1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

tosh 520 component output - possible problem

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by stevehayles, Nov 11, 2003.

1. stevehayles

stevehayles

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have had a Toshiba 520 dvd player for a while connected via high quality component video cables to an LG MW-30LZ10 30" lcd. The picture quality is definitely better with component than with anything else but intermittently I get a 'no signal' display on my panel and the image dissapears for a few seconds.

I know that at least one other person has seen similar problems with the LG panel. Mine has been off for repair (which took a ridiculous three months to get returned from LG!!!) but they could find no fault.

There is no repeatability to the problem it seems as I can replay a DVD that caused a problem and it will be fine. I have tried routing the cable away from everything else. The DVD player is multiregion bu I would have thought that should not be a problem. All the disc I have tried to date are R2.

I get a similar problem feeding a component signal to the panel via a CSY2100 RGB>Component box but I now suspect that maybe the problems (despite ointing to the Panel) are seperate. I am most concerned with sorting out the DVD problem and would be keen to know from anyone who might have seen similar problems and especially from anyone with an idea of what I might try.

Thanks

2. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,203
    You'll get a better responce by posting this in the DVD Players forum. There tends to be a wider readership there so more people are likely to be able to help.

3. stevehayles

stevehayles

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks very much, I really wasn't looking very clearly when I posted it.

Thanks again

4. Rob100

Rob100

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +227
    I once owned a Tosh 520 and had the same problem with my Panny 5 series plasma. I changed the DVD player to an Arcam DV88+ and no problems (and a much better PQ).

Rob.

5. geordie

geordie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I have a Toshiba 520 and Panasonic plasma and have never experienced any problems.