1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tosh 52 arrived yesterday

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by orlaborla, Feb 22, 2005.

1. orlaborla

orlaborla
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    After reading this forum I finally decided on the Tosh to replace my Tosh 56 rear pro which had died. Thanks to those who post their views, it helps other decide.

Initial impressions are very good. It appears to be very sensitive to the quality of feed via the Sky box,some look excellent, some look bad. It doesn't bother me, because when it's good, it's very good.

I have a cheap DVD player connected through cheap cables via component. Again, excellent picture.

Overall the picture, to me at least, is sharp, bright and 'alive'.

What advice would people have for the surround? I am considering the Marantz 8500 with Quad 22/11/C/Sub. Music is important as well as cinema. Is it possible to buy them anywhere less than List?

2. fugitive

fugitive
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Let me know how you get on with the Tosh Orlaborla.

As soon as I sell my Pan 32" I intend buying one of these - are you happy with it so far ?

3. orlaborla

orlaborla
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hello fugitive

at the moment the honeymoon is going great. I have just watched a documentary on BBC (via Sky box) of Ellen MacArthur's round the world trip. The picture was simply superb. My old rear pro was excellent, but you had to adapt to the rear pro type of picture, with the 52 it is like watching a huge 'normal' tube set, a crisp, clear, bleed free picture, just great.

All I need to do is sort out the A/V amp and speakers.