tosh 50 wh18b

T

tibstersnake

Hi,
Have noticed 3 small faint `V` shaped images along bottom of screen , only really see them when screen is white or lightly coloured. It is more pronounced after tv has been on for over an hour!
Could anyone please help or offer suggestions?
thanks, Dave

The "V" shadows that you can see along the bottom of the screen is caused by the screws that hold the screen in the frame.
Below every "V" there is a screw. It is supposed to be quite easy to fix, but it doesn't bother me much so I haven't done anything about it on my 50WH18. (Built in the UK)

Screen shadow fix: http://www.keohi.com/keohihdtv/brandspecific/toshiba/generaltweaks/screen/screenshadow.html

BTW: To do this you have to:

1. remove the speaker grille by pulling gently on the sides until it comes off. (no screws)

2. Loosen the four screws at the bottom of the screen that was hidden by the grille.

3. Lift the screen UP and away from the TV. The top of the screen might stick a little because it is fixed by about 10" of velcro, just lift carefully.

4. Keep the screen STANDING during the procedure. You don't want to end up with a sagging screen!

Good Luck!

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom