1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tosh 46WM48 Stand, Tip.

Discussion in 'TVs' started by rasb0, Dec 14, 2004.

1. rasb0

rasb0

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    I have viewed this TV at 3 different outlets and the stand has a significant weak point as I'm sure current owners will bear me out. The front or in this case side AV connections are on the side of the unit very low down, so low down in fact that the top of the leg on the stand obstructs the panel covering the AV connections. There has obviously been some after thought, not a lot mind! But "they" have seen fit to cut the top of the leg off and put a hinge at the back so that it swings open giving access to the AV controls. In all 3 cases this part of the stand was broken because the hinge is very tight and needs to be forced to move it. The salesman at Sound & Vision warned me about this issue. Good of him wasn't it?
    His tip, "grease or lubricate the hinge really well before putting it together."

Hope all you guys with the "will it won't it come with a stand issue," get it sorted. Maybe Empire have had loads of complaints coz of this very point and given up on the stand altogether.
    It's not a great stand and is the weakness of this unit!
    Still waiting for a delivery date!!!!!! :confused:

2. welsh113

welsh113

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    i happened to modify my stand already (replaced the hinge and put in longer screws) but as for not liking the stand i love it i actaully had an alphasonic 300 pound stand which i took back as the telly looked so much better on the stand!!! but i dont think the side panel that swings out is much of an issue as how often does the average person use them anyways (i never do) only replaced as when i was putting the telly on it my brother in law placed the telly on the hinge and crack went the hinge!!!

3. rasb0

rasb0

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    I agree, the whole thing looks fantastic as a package. Can't wait for mine:)
    I wanted to make prospective buyers aware of this minor issue since I can't imagine many sales people pointing it out at the point of sale.
    There's nothing more annoying than breaking something as you put it together!
    Happy viewing.

4. Number45

Number45

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the heads up. Mine's coming tomorrow, so I'll let you know how it fares.