Tosh 46wm48 lamp needed

P

Picman

Hi All,

The title says it all really. The lamp in my Tosh blew about 8 weeks ago and ever since then I have been given the run around by Tosh CS. On one occasion they transferred me to a company called Seme, they told me they didn’t have one and would need to get it from Toshiba, and the price......£298.00. This seems a bit steep when it is on the Tosh website for £150 inc Vat and delivery.

So, for the last eight weeks I have had a very nice 46" ornament sitting in my lounge.

I'm now getting very frustrated, so if anyone can tell me where to purchase a new lamp I would be soooo grateful.

Picman

Les

Standard Member
Bri Unk said:
P.S. Tosh CS really are a *uck*ng joke.
I didn't find that! The CS were more than helpful to me. Bought 2 lamps - 1 was dodgy and got back in touch with CS - replaced the lamp immediately - no problems.

P

Picman

Bri Unk,

Thanks for the link, made very interesting reading. I do feel Tosh CS is very poor with the constant and misleading lies I have been told.

I am amazed that a company as big as Toshiba can possibly run out of essential spare parts for thier products. It doesnt take a genius to work out that if they sell XX amount of sets with limited bulb life relacements are going to be required shortly after 12 months.

I will try and phone Steven at Tosh HQ later and vent my anger and dissapointment.

As for Tosh transferring my call to SEME who try to sell me an identical product (that they will get from Toshiba) at twice the price seems like profiteering to me.

Picman

EDIT: Les, I'm glad you had a better experience than the rest of us but you seem to be in the minority.

P

Picman

UPDATE:

Having read through the thread posted above by Bri UnK and found an alternative telephone number I gave Tosh UK a call. The phone was answered by Janice after two rings, I explained the problems I'd been having fot the last eight weeks trying to get a replacement lamp and I wanted to know when Toshiba were going to have them in stock. Janice informed me that Toshiba had never run out, and in fact had 23 in stock with another 150 being delivered next week.

It appears that Shop-Toshiba are responsible for ordering and maintaining their own stock levels and thats why they haven't had any for such a long time, they are still waiting for them to be delivered from Japan/or wherever.

I told Janice that my 46wm48 was approx 15 months old and she said that she would have one despatched that afternoon. It arrived the next day, was ftted in 10 minutes...and all is happy.

The best bit........NO CHARGE FOR THE REPLACEMNT LAMP:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:......RESULT.

Bri Unk

Standard Member
Blimey Picman what a result well chuffed for you...and Les if Tosh are so good why did they keep Picman waiting for 8 weeks telling him lie after lie until finally telling him they had the lamps all along....trust me Les you are one of the very few lucky ones.

Les

Standard Member
Bri Unk said:
...and Les if Tosh are so good why did they keep Picman waiting for 8 weeks telling him lie after lie until finally telling him they had the lamps all along....trust me Les you are one of the very few lucky ones.
Trust you! No way. I will trust my own evaluations of a supplier or service whatever. I had no trouble with Toshiba - only the retailer - whom I do not trust!