1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tosh 46wm48 connections

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Hooch100, Jul 29, 2005.

1. Hooch100

Hooch100

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi everyone
    been reading your posts for a while now and got some very good advice so thanks for that! My question is an easy one I think,,I have a pioneer freeview box which is connected via the rgb slot on the tv..The picture is almost very watchable but i do get "oil painting" faces one and a while,now i've read that connecting via composite will give me a better picture is this correct? I don't want to spend £50 of my hard earned cah on something thats not going to work!! any advice would be gratefully acted upon.

2. Mark_a

Mark_a

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +469
    I suspect you mean component, rather than composite. To be honest I very much doubt you'll see any real difference. Component and RGB are so close as to more or less indistinguishable. Now changing to a progressive feed over component may well yield some benefit, but your DVD player has to be capable of progressive output. Many aren't, so make sure you check that out before buying something.

Regards

Mark

3. Tufan

Tufan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hooch100, what is your DLP model?

4. supermackem

supermackem

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +71
    No freeveiw box is capable of outputting a prog scan pic alough the component would look a tad better than scart it would be worth anywhere near the price of a decent lead. Best of sticking with the rgb scart lead.

5. Hooch100

Hooch100

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Toshiba 46wm48
    Yes I did mean componant sorry bout that...ok I stick with the RGB I did get a decent QED one and it has made a difference..thanks