1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tosh 46WM48 and HDMI 'problem'.

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Vandal, Dec 21, 2004.

1. Vandal

Vandal

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +40
    Hi all,

First post, but have been lurking for a while and wanted to first say thanks for all the advice and info I have picked up off the forums. :thumbsup:

I received the Tosh yesterday and have it paired with a Denon 2910.
    The picture quality from RGB scart is stunning I have to say, albeit at the limited resolution.

When I switch to HDMI (720p or 1080i) the picture looks 'washed out', that's the only way I can describe it. For example in Star Wars Episode 1 in the Pod Race scene there is a haze, which almost looks due to lack of colours somehow..

In Finding Nemo, if I switch between scart and HDMI the colours are nowhere near as vibrant on the HDMI.

I am wondering if there is something I am missing here or do I have a faulty HDMI input.

A quick rundown on the set:
    It looks fantastic and the display is pin sharp. Even Sky looks much better than I was expecting. Tried my PC through it and again pin sharp - very impressed.
    Looking forward to running the XBox through it :D

Cheers,
    V.

2. Carl_Docklands

Carl_Docklands

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Vandal - if you have not fixed this make sure your play with your picture settings as the ones out of the box are nowhere near optimal.