1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tosh 46WH08B Contrast Problem.

Discussion in 'TVs' started by logiclee, Jun 6, 2003.

1. logiclee

logiclee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +488
    Hi All,

Had my Toshiba 46WH08B for over a year and its developed a problem.

Even with the contrast and brightness set at about a third any bright white blooms away taking all detail away and flooding the surrounding picture with white light. A scene such as when Picard drives the of roader in the brightly lit desert in Nemesis produces a totally over exposed type of picture. During an interigation scene in the Vice last week a dark room was lit by a window. On another set the window was made up of small squares, the Tosh displayed it as one big square bright light and all the actors faces where white with the reflected light.

On normal scene such as a normally lit room the Tosh is as dark as you would expect with the settings and the picture is fine.

One other thing I have noticed is that on a black picture such as a space scene only the centre of the picture goes totally black, I can see the edges of the screen are slightly lighter with a yellow tinge.

Any Ideas would be welcome.

An engineer has been out but he hasn't got a clue and wants to take the set away for a couple of weeks. This involves major work as I had to remove doors and frames to get it in.

Cheers
    Lee