1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tosh 46WH08

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by johnjackthom, Oct 13, 2001.

1. johnjackthom

johnjackthom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +236
    Only had this set a little over a week and so far It seems much better than I ever expected. I almost went for the 40" model to save money but am so glad I changed my mind at the last minute.
    Others have posted details of common "defects" in these TVs but my only slight niggle is with the very faint vertical lines near the left hand side of the screen.
    These look like some sort of ringing effect following the line flyback pulse.
    I wonder if anyone (Toshiba even?) has looked into this minor fault more closely
    and produced a fix.

Having had a session with the service/convergence menu I must thank those who have written about these menus in the past and humbly ask whether any progress has been made on the Designer Menu Website.

John

2. Shady Deal

Shady Deal
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    John,
    Also am a happy customer with the same TV. Mine also shows these lines especially when the screen is "Just off black". Toshiba techie set mine up, a known problem with no fix apparently.

Still a brilliant Tv though

Regards