1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tosh 46 Stand Problem

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by bassett, Feb 10, 2005.

1. bassett

bassett
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Has anyone found that they cannot put the swivel corner of the stand in its correct position?
    I have just assembled my new 46WM48 only to discover that the bottom right corner of the TV prevents the hinged corner of the stand from closing - it has to stay open. I tried pushing it into position and this pulled the screws out of the back of the hinge. I'm gutted and puzzled :confused: I have definately assembled the stand correctly. Just spoke to the dealer I bought it from and he hasn't heard of this problem. I can see that I will be able to adapt this by cutting half an inch of the swivel part of the stand but I shouldn't have to do that.

Anyone??

2. mdekkers

mdekkers
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    nope - mine fits perfectly....

3. soni

soni
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I had a problem fitting the left post into the bottom wooden shelf, spent about an hour on that post alone, i think there was a problem with the screw holes not lining up right, as each time i screwed it in there was a massive gap visible in the joint, it just looked so obvious that it wasn't sitting at the correct angle, anyway i handed it over to the Mrs in the end, and within 5 minutes she had it soughted PERFECTLY - i hate women!

4. dbisping

dbisping
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    No Problems with mine, I did have one of the locking screws that would not lock and took me ages to fix it, other that that it's fine

Dave...

5. albertz

albertz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    are you sure the tv is sitting correctly on the stand? if the right "wing" isnt secured with the long wood screw it may be out of position, ensure that the locking bolts are screwed in tight, as if their not it may be at an angle and push the wing out of true.

i did have problems with the right back post, it wouldnt lock properly, but putting a bit of weight on it soon sorted that!!

6. fleagledog

fleagledog
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    This stumped me for ages until I realised that the TV sits forward of the stand. Then it fits perfectly.

7. bassett

bassett
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Fleagledog, are you sure its supposed to sit forward of the stand?
    The picture in the brochure has the front of the TV lined up with the front of the legs.
    I've now planned 10mm off the inside of the hinged 'bit' where it was striking the TV and it now fits. Every other aspect of the stand and its assembly was just fine.

8. fleagledog

fleagledog
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The pictures are misleading. That's what I thought. However, mine is set up with the speakers lining up (actually very slightly forward) with the vertical stand pillars. This puts the center part of the TV about 10mm forward of the stand. See picture here; it looks flush from the front.
    http://www.avforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=10045

9. dbisping

dbisping
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thats the same as I have it as well, I think the rear of the screen and the stand line up perfectly then and you should be able to get the retaining strap affixed

I think when you have lined up the little plastic semi-circle thingys in the stand with the bottom of the Tv it locks it inplace too

Dave...