1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tosh 46 & Panny S97 - just watched my 1st DVD

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by lee31, Jan 5, 2005.

1. lee31

lee31

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Watched Van Helsing via HDMI & just wanna say YES YES YES YES

Absolutely crystal, not a single pixel out of place through the whole film. I made a point of looking out for any glitches especially in dark scenes & there wasnt a murmour to be seen

I will kiss it goodnight when I go to bed :devil:

2. -TYN-

-TYN-

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +29
    Hope you only kiss it mate :laugh:

3. lee31

lee31

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ive looked for an orifice but cant find one big enough :oops:

4. loz

loz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,786
    Unfortunately orifices are much smaller in this digital age....

5. maidstoneman30s

maidstoneman30s
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Im really pleased for you,

That really gives me some smiles tonight. I havent received my S97 today, so hoping it will arrive on Thursday.
    Had sky round today to supposedly fit SKY+, only to get told by engineer he cant do it as my dish is on the chimney and he was not a special heights engineer.

GITS at sky didnt wanna know, and only gave me the 1st Feb. So there was me well ****** off,having moved furniture and wot not to make the install easier.

What is sky becoming like ,,, eyh.Try explaining that to a 3 year old that she is not getting her multiroom and own remote control to channel flick the kiddies programmes. Poor mite nearly cried..............

Ah well , patience is of virtue.

maidstoneman30s

6. lee31

lee31

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thats a shame Maidstone, you should of got him to leave SKY+ box & fitted it yourself. I'll be geeting one off ebay soon & have already run the feeds, need to get rid of the damn VCR although saying that, pic on VCR is as good as SKY feed so cant grumble too much

Hope little one gets her SKY soon bud

7. Delboy

Delboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Lo again lads, are u lot getting yer kit from pixmanina? I only ask as i ordered a sammy, and its not been dispatched yet, do they take thier time do you know? Paid for the 24hr del, so hope it comes on or before friday, god, fridays goin to be a big day in my house. Also i chipped me xbox today, so i can play NTSC stuff (not copies). I am planing to get this to NTSC(the xbox output) some how, odered the hidef kit, and plan to use componant with the tosh. I take it thats the best way? Also, which is the best scart no: for sky on the back of the tosh?

What would i do with out you lot? Not be so poor thats what, you gits :p

lol

Del

8. lee31

lee31

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Del, I too have got my xbox modded & Hi Def kit makes it absolutely stunning :0) Make sure to set xbox to Hi Def in MS dash first though & remember that any DVD movies played through xbox are only encoded in 480 NOT 720 or 1080 like the games

Connect SKY to AV1 mate & if you have a VCR connect it to scart 3 & that way you can put onto VCR anything you want - even DVD's if your DVD player has macrovision disabled !

9. Delboy

Delboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Lee, can i ask you what dashbord ure using to change it to ntsc? Ive got Evo on, but cant see anywhere to change to NTSC??? ahhh forget that i think, think i sussed it...

Ta

Del

10. dbisping

dbisping
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Del,

Oh they certainly seem not to be fast, mine was ordered on the 30th, it did not even dispatch till the 3rd, and it comes via a very strange route, Germany via Netherlands and as of 2:26am was sitting in London, hopefully will get it today (fingers crossed)

Yours I would hope would be somewhat quicker with the next day.

Dave...

11. Delboy

Delboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ahhh Ok Dave, thks for that m8, least i know now ;) Hope yours comes tday, if so let me know what ya think...

Del

12. lee31

lee31

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Have you sorted it Del ?

13. dbisping

dbisping
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Will do, but since the Tosh now not turning up till 11th it will feeding a humble Sony 29inch 4:3 TV :),

was a nice susprise too that it looks like the Sammy comes with a Remote with what looks like Jog/Shuttle on it, missed that from the VHS Deck days

Dave...

14. soni

soni
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    dbisping: I'm in the same boat as you, i collected my new player yesterday, but the TV doesn't arrive until Tuesday. I was hoping that the new player - with progressive scan and HDMI might clear up the panning blurring - but apparently not, as Phunt has reported in another thread that its made it worse! What a shame :mad:

15. Delboy

Delboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yea i think so Lee, when i got to vid settings now on the MS Dash, i can only choose widescreen etc, no choice for the pal 60, so im hopin that once its plugged into the tosh the choices will be availble....Thks for askin m8
    :smashin:

Del

PS, ive used the slayer self install disc, which has put up evo, well loads, really, I also put a 80gig harddrive in, and it also installed it usng the slayer disc. That made life so much easier, after looking at all the posts about upgrading the hard drive i thought it would be a nightmare, but not so. Just to find some HD games now, or will the pal games be ok for now...??

This blur thing with the tosh, Im hopin mine will be fine, i am a little fussy with kit i buy, but at least if i do have it, i know i wont be on me own, also think, just for a laff, set up vid cam for the afternoon, so u can all watch the build/testing/failiure :oops: Thing is, in the room its going in, it is going to be a little big, well its a 15x15 room but wont fit in the gap where the 36inch is, so it could be fun...

16. lee31

lee31

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    No Del, thats not right, you must set your box to NTSC via your chosen dash then go to MS dash & in video settings you can then choose the Hi Def settings eg 720 & 1080 (I ticked both)

Lee

17. Delboy

Delboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    But ive not got the hidef ms pack yet. If im wrong lee, say, but will those options only appear when the hidef pack is pluged in?....

Del :thumbsup:

18. lee31

lee31

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    will check it tonight for you, cant do it now as kids will see me turning it on & then wanna play with it, not that I dont let them play, just not in evenings or they go to bed with stobe eyes

19. Delboy

Delboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    kk ta m8y

Del