1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tosh 46" DLP ordered!

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by jhkanguk, Jan 3, 2005.

1. jhkanguk

jhkanguk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I ordered it from Gultronics at 1484.61 inc del.
    See http://www.gultronics.co.uk/og/index.asp?o=46wm48

Before ordering, I called Empiredirect to ask if they could match the price and they said "Sorry we can't match that price". Does this mean this price is really so good?

The guy at Gultronics didn't know if the tv comes with a stand, because it comes directly from manufacturer, he said.
    Tosh website indicates the stand is part of the tv - not an option. So I hope it will come with a stand.

I was told 3-5 days for delivery so am looking forward to it!!!

Also brand new HTPC will be delivered on 5th Jan. However, it has ATI X300SE graphics card which doesn't have DVI. Should I replaced it with a card with DVI to get better PQ? If yes, which card do you recommend?

[edit] I found that below question was answered in another thread. The answer was YES.

Lastly, the pc has Audigy 2 ZS audio card. Do I get digital pcm output when playing mp3? Or is only DVD 5.1 sound sent out to digital out?

2. maidstoneman30s

maidstoneman30s
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    jhkang,
    if you find out it comes without the stand and you would like one, I have a spare one. I bought my 46 two yesterday and as you can see from my pic thread, i use a low IKEA stand, so the supplied stand (COSTCO) is obsolete.

3. Carl_Docklands

Carl_Docklands

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    jhkanguk: you should have a good look at the Nvidia 6600GT as it offers some real improvements for DVD playback over the other cards at the moment (including the more expensive 6800 models) and it offers future support for WM9 Hi-Def acceleration.

As for running it through the DVI port on the TV, well there are quite a few reported problems with getting this to work as it should but the VGA port works well enough.