1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tosh 43PJ93 Service Manual

Discussion in 'TVs' started by sharkbait, May 30, 2003.

1. sharkbait

sharkbait

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Anyone have any idea where I might get my hands on a service manual for my Toshiba 43PJ93 RPTV.

I'm interested in having a go at improving the focus and have no idea where the electronic focus pots are located.

2. nathan_silly

nathan_silly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Here's what you have to do...

Remove the screen & speaker grille. Switch the TV for about a hour.

There are 6 pots. Three are focus, three are the screen colour pots. DO NOT TOUCH the screen colour pots. Place a piece of cellotape over the screen colour pots so you can't accidentally knock them.

Place three lengths of 2M fishing wire over the winguts, and label each up R-R, G-G and B-B. Tie a knot and secure into the wingnut.

Loop the fishing wire through the screw holes on the left & right hand sides of the screen.

Bring up the convergence grids. Look into the Red lens, and adjust the Red focus pot until it's sharp, with even sharpness vertically & horizontally. Do the same for Green & Blue.

Loosen the wingnuts for the three tubes.

Place the screen back on. Now turn the grids off, just leaving either Red. Now use the strings either side for Red go side to side to achieve the best focus. Do the same for Blue, and Green.
    Switch TV off.

Remove screen, carefully tighten the wingnuts, trying not to disturb the poistion. Remove the fishing wire.

Place screen & grille back on. Switch TV back on, and convergence on the 60 pointer per aspect mode and format (PAL/NTSC)

Remember not to take too long with grid/menu bars as possible burn in could occur, max 10 mins with grid up.

If you can't do it in that time, just do one (do Green first) screen focus pot & green crt tube adjustment.

Reg. service manuals, check here.. register and upload a text file of your request.

http://tibor56.hyperlinx.cz/

Some more info...

http://www.bus.ucf.edu/cwhite/theater/ToshibaTips.htm