Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Tosh 43" Projection TV 43PJ93B

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by andywright205, Oct 10, 2003.

1. andywright205

andywright205

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi
    I'm new to the projection TV scene, and would like some advice. I won an auction on Ebay for the above TV, and was wondering if anyone can give me some tips. I'm going to pick the TV up tomorrow and need to know what I need to check for, and how best to 'demo' the set.
    is there a good DVD you can recommend that will show the TV in all its glory?

the link to my auction win is below fyi: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3047776203&category=22639&rd=1

thanks in advance! :D

2. nathan_silly

nathan_silly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Do the user level convergence. IMO I think you haven't really got a bargain- for a £200 more you could have bought a brand new 42" Widescreen set.

Make sure when you inspect the picture there is no screen burn. If there is it'll be uneconomical to replace the tubes. Bring up Red, Green & Blue test screens, and check for logo's, text, or anything unusual.

3. andywright205

andywright205

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i didn't want a widescreen one, i much prefer 4:3, even though i accept it may be out of date in a couple of years. i think £690 is a bargain, but then i'm not a hardcore techy, i'm just after a big screen for the footie and playstation 2! thanks for you help though, i'll run the tests.
    are these easy to activate from the manual?

4. nathan_silly

nathan_silly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    User level convergence is in the menu somewhere.

Buy Avia DVD, and use the Red/Green/Blue screens to check for screenburn (these tests are also in the service level, but a bit risky if you don't want to go in there)

5. GagHalfrunt

GagHalfrunt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    What a coincidence! I bought one of those TVs 2nd hand off these classifieds.

I'm very impressed with the quality (I would have preferred a Widescreen but beggars can't be choosers).

I definitely agree with the Nathan - the Service Mode convergence allows a much sharper picture. I'll have a go with Avia this weekend. Hopefully it'll improve the black level which clearly isn't right atm.

6. andywright205

andywright205

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi mate, can you let me know how it goes? i'm picking the tv up tomorrow morning. my email address is andywright205@aol.com and would appreciate any help. out of interest how much did you pay?

cheers!

7. big brian

big brian

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    IF YOU DONT BUY THIS TV YOU CAN GO TO WWW.QED-uk.com
    AND BUY BRANDNEW FOR £826.58, FREE DEL,12 MONTHS GUARANTEE. BEST OF LUCK

8. GagHalfrunt

GagHalfrunt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Sorry, haven't visited the forum this weekend.

Do you still really want to know? (presumably you've now bought it)