1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tosh 42WT29B Help Needed

Discussion in 'TVs' started by dazzler, Jun 27, 2003.

1. dazzler

dazzler

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Need some help guys, when i go into the service menu to adjust the convergence points my red output has disappeared?? i can turn the blue and green layouts on and off no problems but the red grid has dissapeared, the tv is outputting red ok and i cant remember adjusting anything to make this happen, wonder if any kind soul has any ideas.

PS if anyone has a link to a service manual for this set would be mucho appreciated.

Cheers

D :blush:

2. nathan_silly

nathan_silly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    So when you go in the service level convergence- and with the white grid up- press the blue & green button. The grid SHOULD be red.

Is it?

3. dazzler

dazzler

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Should be mate but it isnt, its blank, zilch, zero and when i go into the normal user convergence screen, the should be white cross (in the middle) is a pale blue [edit]as is the white grid you refer to :( [edit]

4. nathan_silly

nathan_silly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sounds like it's kaput.

If you can't see the red grid you won't be able to convergence the red to the green.

Is the set new, and you've only just gone in- or has it worked in the past?

[edit]

Oh I have a service manual, it's for my set (42PW23P)- probably very similar. It's 25MB .PDF though... have you got a FTP server I can upload it to?

5. dazzler

dazzler

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    I've had it i would say 6months, the set works fine but as you say i cant do a proper convergence now, i'm pretty sure you can disable the grids in the designer menu but i've never ventured into those parts so cant see why its gone now, mightily confused.

6. CSUNNER1

CSUNNER1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi I noticed you posted some messages on av forums on the above model.
    I have 2 questions that I hope you can assist me on. I recently have bought 2 of these models. One is working well and im please the other one we have recentlt powered it up and we cannot get it to turn on post the standby position, there seems to be some sort of delay and there is no connection, or trigger allowing the television to turn on.. Have you noticed this? Also are there local Toshiba warranty people based throughout the regions to assist? Also one last question is there a stand available for this tv even a custom made one, ive looked everywhere doesnt seem to be one available.... Thanks for the time look forward your responses. Please contact me on Chas_Sunner@hotmail.

7. dazzler

dazzler

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Dont know about your technical issues but there is definitely a stand available, i've got one.

You can get the manual etc from Tosh 42wt29

I'd also try tosh who will tell you the nearest tech assistant