1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tosh 42WH36 Settings

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Rajibear, Apr 11, 2004.

1. Rajibear

Rajibear
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I just got my replacement tosh yesteraday but may have accidentely altered one of the settings (RCUT) in the engineers screen. I was wondering if anyone who has delved into the service menu would be kind enough to provide values for RCUT, GCUT, BCUT, RDRV and BDRV. The only value i have may have changed is RCUt but would like to compare the others. The funny thing is if I compare the values from my previous faulty model (which i wrote down) they are different. Is there a variation between sets?

Cheers

Rajibear

2. Lizzard

Lizzard

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can't help you, sorry....

All settings are individual to each set and one setting are comparable to another....

I assume you need some one who can calibrate your greyscale right again.

3. Rajibear

Rajibear
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the help

I am pretty sure that although i accidently adjusted the RCUT it was two values to the right, so i just went back two to the left. The picture seems spot on anyhow so I am not going to worry about it. I just wanted to be sure for peace of mind but as I read elsewhere I think these kind of settings are individual to the each and every set of the same model due to different tolerances of the components. It would be interesting if any one else could post the values though.

Cheers

Rajibear

4. Lizzard

Lizzard

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I got RCUT 41H for my 57"

5. B Caine

B Caine

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Please can you tell me how to get into the engineers menu, many thanks.

6. Demon

Demon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +56
    the RCUT/BCUT RDRV/BDRV etc set he white balance for the set, so these will be different for every single set...

if white still looks white, then I wouldn't worry, except always write down these values, since its easy to accidentally change these when messing around in service mode... not that you need reminding :)...

There are plenty of posts for getting the set into service mode, its normally just pressing Mute on the remote, and Menu on the front of the TV at the same time... do a search for "Toshiba Service" I did a lengthy post on getting the set into Service mode, and how to adjust convergence, etc...