1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tosh 42WH18B Built in Sound?

Discussion in 'TVs' started by sarll, Apr 11, 2002.

1. sarll

sarll

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +128
    Hi

I've been thinking of buying a 42WH18B but have a couple of questions. After buying the set i will have to save for a few months to buy a decent amp and speakers. 'Out of the box' what speaker set up is provided on this set? I understand it has 2 rear speakers supplied, but what about centre/left/right and subwoofer? Are they built in? Bascially i want to know if, out of the box, i am going to get a reasonable dolby digital surround sound experience....

cheers for any thoughts

2. matt janes

matt janes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've got the 50" which has the same internal amp and speaker set up. Whilst I have separates , I have tried the set using internal amp and speakers and it's remarkably good. It's dolby digital. You'll be impressed!!

3. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have the 40" Dolby Digital version. Terrible audio. So bad I forked out for an AV amp a few days later and bought a centre channel. Great pix, but VERY weak audio from the two small built in's that kiss the floor.