Tosh 42PW33, Scart or Component?

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by blue_harvester, Feb 23, 2005.

1. blue_harvester

blue_harvester
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Tosh 42PW33, Scart or Component?

I have just bought a Toshiba 42PW33 RPTV and it has both scart and component inputs. I'm going to buy the Limit DVDA900SE from Play.com and it too has scart and component outputs. Am I really going to notice that big of a difference between using a scart lead and a component lead? Which should I go for?

2. Laurel&Hardy

Laurel&Hardy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Usually component offers better picture quality so I'd say use that in preference to SCART. The difference between that and RGB SCART in terms of picture quality is quite small however, so whether you notice the difference is down to you really.

3. blue_harvester

blue_harvester
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    That's what I thought but I'm not in a position to audition both options as there are no local dealers. I think the component cable I'm looking at (QED P-CV) is going to work out slightly cheaper that a RGB SCART so that will probably sway my decision.

Any other opinions guys on this?

4. MidnightOwl

MidnightOwl

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Similar-ish discussion @ thread

http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=191046

I was going to go for the QED PCV1 as well as the Profigold 481 digital coax (currently waiting on JL to see if they can get them in). I am curently using a normal cheapo Max View SCART (bought several years ago).

Please forgive my dumb question, but after reading this other thread I am sceptical I'd notice any difference, do you think I’d be throwing my away? :confused:

M :cool:

5. kismet110

kismet110

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +389
    IIRC Progressive Scan DVD players benefit when using component connections however I think it's not applicable when it comes to plasma screens because they use different technology when processing the picture (de-interlacing?).

Check out www.cableuniverse.co.uk - they are very helpful, brilliant prices, speedy delivery and have user reviews for the cables.

ALI