1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tosh 42pw22 and external speakers

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by SixWhippys, Jun 13, 2003.

1. SixWhippys

SixWhippys

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well, I've taken the plunge and ordered a Tosh 42pw23 rptv from Robertsons. The money has gone from my account, so hopefully it won't be long before Toshiba call me to arrange delivery...

In the meantime I was wondering if someone (Nathan?) could put my mind to rest about AV connections. In particular I'm worrying about how I get sound coming out from the speakers driven by my AV receiver rather than the TV's internal speakers.

In my current set up* I have a scart running from my Sky digibox to AV1 on my old Tosh TV and phono out from the digibox to my AV rec. The TV has an external speaker switch on the back, so I've muted the internal speakers by switching to external.

Looking at the user manual for the 42pw23 I've downloaded there doesn't appear to be an external speaker switch... so how do I mute the internal speakers?

- Is there something I can do to the Sky box to mute audio on the scart output but not on the phono output?
    - Do I plug the Sky box into the AV rec (scart to s-vid) and then use component out to the TV?
    - Do I plug a dummy into the headphone socket?

Any suggestions anyone?

*I'll come clean and say this is the way it used to work - I'm currently sans AC rec because I blew up my Denon 1602 earlier in the year. I've now got a Denon 3803 on order with HiFi Junkies.

2. johndon

johndon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +88
    I've got a Tosh 40" RPTV and all I've done is turn the volume on the TV down to 0 - works for me

HTH

John

3. SixWhippys

SixWhippys

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Doh! The simplest solutions...

Thanks John.