1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tosh 40WH08 Problem

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Steve Willett, Mar 22, 2001.

1. Steve Willett

Steve Willett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Not too sure how to explain this but here goes:
    While watching a film last weekend I noticed a very slight blue tint along the line where the picture hits the top black bar. This goes half way across the screen and only occurs on light images. If I stretch the image and remove the bars the picture is perfect. It occurs on whatever source i'm using.
    Not sure if its relevant but also bought a REL same day and originally placed it next to the TV but can't be sure if that caused the problem as it isn't immediately obvious and reading all your advice it does not sound like a magnet problem.
    It's a very trivial problem but now i've noticed it, its really annoying me !!!
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Steve,

I have an involuntary sharp intake of breath every time I see 40WH08B in a post title.....not another problem I could possibly get... and I've had all of 'em so far !

Well..I haven't seen this one though. If it were a dark blue line I would be tempted to suggest it's a convergence problem that happens to manifest in that area of the screen. If you feel brave you could find out from the plethora of references to it..how to get into the multi-point convergence mode within service mode. You might be able to get at the area of the screen with the problem and sort it.

If it's light blue though...not really sure what to make of that...like some kind of bleeding I guess. Might be caused by current or past proximity to a speaker or magnetic source.

sorry I can't be more help...I have my fingers crossed I won't see this problem too !

Cheers
    Daz

3. JohnS

JohnS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    This is a classic example of you needing to reset your convergence.
    Its not hard to do it just requires a little patience and practice but make sure you have the tv switched on for at least 1/2 hour before you attempt it as otherwise it drifts.

[This message has been edited by John Spicer (edited 22-03-2001).]

4. MacReady

MacReady

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah, youre convergance sounds like it is out a bit at a certaion area on the screen.
    If you cannot remedy this by using the standard menu convergance set up (the nine point screen)...and dont forget to ONLY do this after the set has been lefy on for about 40-50 mins so as to warm up....then you will have to adjust the convergance in the service menu. If youre set is still under warranty then phone the place you bought it from or their appointed service engineers and explain what the problem is and that you have been told it can be solved by the convergance grid in the menu so you would like someone who has attended a Toshiba RP service course and can do this.

believe me, it will be much better doing this than accessing the service menu yourself and possibly making things worse.

If the engineer is a good one and knows what he is doing he will not leave until YOU are happy with the picture and can clearly see the blue is gone.

Hope this helps

------------------
    "Why don't we wait here a while...see what happens..."
    The member formaly known as Jason

5. Steve Willett

Steve Willett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cheers fellas
    I'll have a crack this weekend but I won't be accessing the service menu - read too many scary stories on here for that!

Steve