Tosh 37WLT58

steve1966

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi,
Had the above set for 5 days now(getting used to it) some things i have noticed, may be me being picky but have any other owners noticed the following -
1-Buzzing noise coming from rear of set (Tosh cust service says its the backlight)
2-Volume dropping now and again.
3-Sky+ tv guide freezing on screen now and again.

What do owners in general think of this set ?

Cheers,
Steve1966

steve1966 said:
Hi,
Had the above set for 5 days now(getting used to it) some things i have noticed, may be me being picky but have any other owners noticed the following -
1-Buzzing noise coming from rear of set (Tosh cust service says its the backlight)

Cheers,
Steve1966

had ours since end of november last year - superb set. not one single problem. no buzzing at all. we run the sound out of our av amp so cannot comment on the tv volume.
sky guide freezing will be a sky box problem surely??

Only had mine 1 day but i think it's superb!

Sky, freeview and anolgue pictures are great and the xbox 360 is simply amazing!

Obviously the longer i have it and use it the more opinions i will be able to give, but so far it's all very very impressive!

hulkhead said:
had ours since end of november last year - superb set. not one single problem. no buzzing at all. we run the sound out of our av amp so cannot comment on the tv volume.
sky guide freezing will be a sky box problem surely??

I cannot hear the buzzing at normal volumes but when there are quiet parts of programmes it can be heard, when i listen above the set it is quite loud, think i will have to get back on to the dealer. Toshiba say "any faults within 28 days of purchase and you are entitled to a new set".
The sky guide has not frozen up on my other lcd sets, it has only happened since i got the new set.Very strange but its only done it a couple of times.

had mine for a day too, and i can also hear that humming noise, but mainly at night when ambient sound is not as present as during the day. still getting used to such a big screen!

Xbox360 connected through HD AV cables and at times while playing PGR3 it looks too blurred for my liking and a little too dark. but still stunning.

Oh and my video doesnt seem to work. its connected via scart to external 3 as instructed in the manual. all i get is a grey screen lol. still sussing out new things all the time though.

But very very pleased with it for the price:thumbsup:

vicked_viper said:
had mine for a day too, and i can also hear that humming noise, but mainly at night when ambient sound is not as present as during the day. still getting used to such a big screen!

Xbox360 connected through HD AV cables and at times while playing PGR3 it looks too blurred for my liking and a little too dark. but still stunning.

Oh and my video doesnt seem to work. its connected via scart to external 3 as instructed in the manual. all i get is a grey screen lol. still sussing out new things all the time though.

Just spoke to a friend who has the same Tv, he says he can hear a buzz from the rear but only at quiet times.
I do not have anything connected to ext 3 so i cannot say what is wrong.
My dvd player is connect by HDMI lead and the pic is superb.

Previous posts on here about this problem indicate the sound is something to do with the backlight I think (as the Tosh lady said)....
There is a thread running about this at the moment but I don't know where it is unfortunately
Rob

I have had this set since November - very happy with it.
I too have a faint buzzing (actually more like a hum) which is caused by the power transformer that supplies the backlight - if you set the backlight very high(95+) the noise dissapears... however, for me the noise is not a problem I very rarely notice it.
All in all very happy with the set for freeview, Xbox 360 and DVD.

steve1966 said:
Hi,

Cheers,
Steve1966

steve1966 said:
I cannot hear the buzzing at normal volumes but when there are quiet parts of programmes it can be heard, when i listen above the set it is quite loud, think i will have to get back on to the dealer. Toshiba say "any faults within 28 days of purchase and you are entitled to a new set".
The sky guide has not frozen up on my other lcd sets, it has only happened since i got the new set.Very strange but its only done it a couple of times.

sky guide freezing is certainly weird. No problems to report with our sky+ box or xbox360 connected via vga - both work a treat

I'm still undecided whether to go for this set or the JVC 37" model.
Never had such a difficult decision over a bloody television!!

Would you buy this set again given the choice?

I will be watching DVD via component and Freeview.

Maybe a PS3 later in the year.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Probably would buy this set again give the choice it took me a while to make up my mind hopefully i have made the right decision! (the wife says my suitcases will be packed for me if i mention changing the Tv again for another 5 years), i am getting used to it more and more each day, there is a new model Toshiba coming out next month but i think it will be a bit more expensive than the current model.

Smiffy 2 said:
I'm still undecided whether to go for this set or the JVC 37" model.
Never had such a difficult decision over a bloody television!!

Would you buy this set again given the choice?

I will be watching DVD via component and Freeview.

Maybe a PS3 later in the year.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

had both sets and both had the buzz, both went back. the JVC had 100 x better PQ on SD though

What set do you have now ?

I also have the backlight buzz but cant say I have found it a problem. Especially as the fan noise from the xbox 360 just about drowns out anything!
The sky guide freezing... could this be the pause function on the tv set? I know I accidently pressed this a couple of times and it took me a moment to realise what I had done.
When using the xbox 360 and MS component lead I also found the picture a little dark on PGR3, obviously you can adjust it but found that it still wasnt right. Too bright in other areas when the dark ones were ok. I recently bought the Monster VGA lead and have been impressed. I now have no issues on PGR3 and think the level of detail is better as well. Although I suggest reading the thread devoted to the subject if you are considering this route.

steve1966 said:
What set do you have now ?

Samsung LE32R41BDX
Very happy with it, just bought the wrong size.
Missus has gone spare that it is costing me more money for an extra 5" but hey.....she's been moaning for years about an extra inch or two :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

I like the fact that both of these sets come with their own stand and have both had excellent reviews.
Just prefer the look of the JVC but at the end of the day, looks aren't everything.
My head is spinning
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

vicked_viper said:

Try selecting Menu, TV Setup, select the middle icon "setup", AV Connection, press OK and check if EXT 3 is set to AV and NOT SVIDEO.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom