1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tosh 37LTW58 won't display my tv?

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by LRenno, Oct 18, 2005.

1. LRenno

LRenno

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Just bought this tv and it arrived today, got it all set up and must say am very happy with it, except when i connect my pc to the 'PC' input on the TV, i can see the boot up screen fine but then it all goes blank when windows loads up. The tv is set up via VGA cable from the TV into the DVI output on my PC(im using a DVI-VGA adapter.
    The card im using is a Geforce 6800 ultra

Help would br most appreciated

2. Evil_Homer

Evil_Homer
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sounds like the your GFX card needs adjusting to cope with the TV resolution. I have 2 Geforce 6600GT's in Sli mode, all I had to do was run the wizard to configure them for the TV. :)

3. bodyfodder

bodyfodder

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i have the 32wl48 and pc input does not work when i use my dvi-vga adaptor. Use the VGA socket on ur graphics card.

Make sure that the refresh rate is set to 60hz.

Good luck.

4. LRenno

LRenno

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    still no luck with this, Anyone else got any ideas?

5. RockySpieler

RockySpieler

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +116
    Not the best approach but boot with "normal" CRT or LCD monitor, set 1280x720@60Hz or 1360x768@60Hz or 1366x768@60Hz then hotswap to Toshiba.

Try using the "force" option, and enable HDTV resolutions. I have ATI graphics cards so these options may not be avaiable on yours.

I did have issues with DVI-VGA adapter on my ati 9800se which only has one DVI-I socket, the PC would not read EDID information, but via DVI-D no problem. On my ati 9500Pro which has separate VGA and DVI sockets, via VGA no issues plug'n'play works fine.

You could try using clone mode and secondary display, again ATI terms, I expect Nvidia have similar options.

Good Luck, report back if you solve your issue, it may help someone else in the future.

6. Member 55145

Member 55145
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,489
    both displays will always show on boot up, but the second display may be disabled in windows, make sure it is enabled in display properties and set to an acceptable resolution