1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tosh 36ZP48 Surround sound

Discussion in 'TVs' started by irvy, Mar 2, 2005.

1. irvy

irvy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Received my Tosh yesterday from a local dealer, they delivered and set it all up, I think it was worth the little extra when I seen the size and weight of the brute it had to go upstairs.
    Anyway the problem I want advise on is, I am using a Pioneer surround sound amp and have not connected the tosh ext speakers. I have put the surround speaker switch at the rear to EXT and have used the FIXED audio phono output sockets to input to the pioneer amps TV/SAT inut. Using this gives output to the front speakers plus subwoofer, but nothing to rear or centre speakers.
    I notice a further output at the rear SURROUND OUT (VARIABLE), but not sure where on the amp these would go. I did try putting them into the TV/SAT position but there was no output.
    Under normal TV broadcast would there be a output to rear speakers?
    The audio works fine when using the DVD.

2. Tight Git

Tight Git

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +597
    No, but why would you expect this if the programme has no surround sound?

3. irvy

irvy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I connected up the supplied rear speakers to the tv and they are working on normal broadcast. As the manual says on page 19 dolby pro logic is available on many tv broadcasts. So how do I get that signal to the amp as it appears to only have two phono inputs for tv

4. irvy

irvy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I now appear to have it sorted if this is useful for anyone else.
    The 2 FIXED phono outputs plus the 2 SURROUND VARIABLE phono outputs at rear of TV I have put these into the amps DVD Analog inputs for 5.1.
    I have the DVD connected to one of the amps digital inputs. The amp auto switches when the DVD is playing to pick up the digital input, and when it is switched off it reverts back to audio signal from TV.
    All speakers are now giving an output.