1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tosh 36ZP48 Shadows

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by eglons, Dec 30, 2004.

1. eglons

eglons
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi,

I got my Tosh about 2 weeks ago and love it.

However, (I'm no TV techy so excuse the layman terminology here)... I've noticed some shadowing on the screen, it's not obvious when watching TV but it is very obvious when I turn onto an unused AV channel and have the blue screen turned on. 2 obvious darker patches at the bottom of the screen and another thinner darer strip running up the right hand side.

I wondered if it was some sort of magnetic inteference from my (also recently acquired) Sky+ box, but I disconnected it and took it out of the room and there was no change in the shadowing...

Does anyone have any obvious answers to this, is it a "don't worry about it" thing or should I be testing the JL 5 year warantee ?

Thanks in Advance.

2. Chris Hedlund

Chris Hedlund

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi
    In order to give strength to a screen of this size there must be curvature. As the screen is flat, the curvature is in fact on the inside surface. This makes the glass very heavy and particularly thick at the corners and edges. This 'thickness' will appear as shadows and will be even more evident if the screen is viewed from the side.
    Fact of life I'm afraid. :smashin:
    Cheers Chris

3. eglons

eglons
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Thanks for the reply, but this is 2 distinct dark patches at the bottom left of the screen, they are both about 150x150mm and are about 20mm apart... I'm still within the 28 days with JL and given the problem and the reductions on the set now I'm tempted to fill in an RMI and get my money back.

P.S. I also have a bizarre problem when I move the TV I get a green patch in the top left of the picture, I wonder if the house is haunted !