Tosh 36ZP48 Geometry/Service Menu Help

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by L00py^, Feb 14, 2005.

1. L00py^

L00py^
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    If I look at my 36ZP48 screen, I see the following picture:-

1. Top of screen, both corners are slighty lower, and also is slighty lower in the middle of the screen. Which settings do I need to change please?

xxxxxxxx----------xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx----------xxxxxxxxxxx
    --------xxxxxxxxxx------------------xxxxxxxxxx-----------

- is the screen picture display position
    x is just used as a space, to show the position

2. Left and right of screen, seems very straight, apart from at the top both corners, point slighty outwards. Again which setting please?

3. Bottom of the screen is dead level.

"From another thread"

I believe you access the Service menu by using the remote, pressing mute THEN pressing and holding mute WHILE pressing the menu button ON THE TV.
    To get the pattern up, press the SOURCE INPUT button several times (it'll cycle a red, a blue and a green screen before getting to the grid).

So what screen image do you see why changing values and how do you save the new settings please?

Thanks in advance.

2. Vnb

Vnb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +121
    When you enter the service menu it displays the value for each particular setting. left/right (volume)to change the setting and up/down(channel) to move through the menu.

Before you change anything set yourself a little spreadsheet up and note all of your original values. Each aspect mode (wide,4:3 etc.)has it's own values though some overlap.

The geometry settings are what you need to play with PARA,TRAP,CNR particularly I think. When you see the test patterns you will be able to see what effect the settings have.

A useful point of reference is http://www.stevelarkins.freeuk.com/tvtools.htm
    Although it says for a 38 not a 48, I have been told by an engineer that there is no difference between the tubes just software processing differences. I have straightened up my picture considerably now and am quite happy with the results. Sky sports news is a good test. As well as the built in grid a test pattern also helps.

It will take you a while but you should be able to improve things but you will never get it perfect on a crt set.

3. L00py^

L00py^
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Thanks vnb once you have made these changes how do exit the service menu then please?

4. Vnb

Vnb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +121
    Just turn the set off. All changes made in the service menu are permanent. Thats why its important to make a note of your original settings. Good luck.