1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tosh 36zp46 at £899 in Curry's sale.

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Chavvychase, Mar 13, 2005.

1. Chavvychase

Chavvychase

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have just visited my local Currys and they have the 36zp46 on sale at the above price. Is there any difference between this and the 36zp48?

2. AnilKP

AnilKP

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

Have a look at this site
    http://www.johnlewis.com/Shopping/Product.aspx?ARA=Audio+%26+TV&CAT=Televisions&SCT=Televisions&PRT=Standard+(CRT)&Type=SKU&Id=230202612

One difference is that you have Dolby Digital 5.1. But if you have suitable hi-fi, this may not be an issue.

I would advise not buying from Currys... there service is not as good as compared to John Lewis. You also get a 5 yr guarantee.

That's just my thoughts.

Cheers, Anil.

3. Chavvychase

Chavvychase

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Anil, most useful. I thought it might be the external speakers, as I didn't see any on the display at Currys.

4. AnilKP

AnilKP

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    No problem.

I've had my ZP48P for 3 weeks from JL and so far touch wood... its ok.

Please don't quote me on this but I happened to be in JL Brent Cross (2 weeks ago) and I am pretty sure this TV (ie ZP48P) was quoted at £1000.
    I know the website says £1095.

It maybe worth phoning them up... you have nothing to lose (if you are interested in this TV).

Cheers,
    Anil.

5. Chavvychase

Chavvychase

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Anil, much appreciated. Brent Cross is too far for me, as I live in Sheffield. I can try my local JL though.

What do you think of your 36zp48? Are you pleased with it? Any downsides (apart from the size and weight, which everyone seems to comment on?).

Chavvy

6. canary2211

canary2211

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    at £899 if you can get the 36ZP48 - with 5.1 surround sound - for the same price on line at lots of places.

But then I got my ZP48 at John Lewis for 799 including 5 year warranty - about 4 weeks ago - they will not do that price anymore!

PS it really is as good as everyone says it is.

7. AnilKP

AnilKP

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Chavvy,

I must admit I am very pleased with the ZP48P. The picture quality is excellent. So far I've not really had any issues. I know others on this forum have had some problems so its pot luck if you get one without any.

Cheers, Anil.