1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tosh 36zp38 Amp & Sub

Discussion in 'TVs' started by pcolluk, Mar 9, 2005.

1. pcolluk

pcolluk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Considering buying a separate amp and sub for my 36zp38. Any suggestions on what to get?. I was going to buy just the amp and sub but don't know if the speakers on the Tosh would be undersized and so may be better buying a full cinema system.
    Any help would be appreciated :thumbsup:

2. sloopjohnb

sloopjohnb
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You may need one of the forum experts but as I'm here.. :) :cool:

my 32zp38 is hooked to an ancient akai amp and then through excellent floor standing yamaha speakers - sounds great..lots of bass with highs/mids at ear level plus use the tosh std speakers.

I confess to not having tested home cinema systems but would be surprised if they could beat a good amp and speaker set up..I'll have to test one.

Am looking to upgrade possibly to the 36zp38 - seems a popular choice!!

:D :rotfl:

3. allengn

allengn
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    My (non-expert) view would be that the standard speakers, whilst perfectly adequate for the output from the TV, would be severly underpowered if driven by any decent amp.

From memory they are only rated at 15 watts, and with most amps turning out at least 60+ watts, you could cause damage to both the speakers and the amp.

If you want to go down this route, I would recommend spending just a bit more, and get a full home cinema system. I'm sure you won't be disappointed.