1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

tosh 36zp1p + external sub

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by nbridger, Jan 27, 2003.

1. nbridger

nbridger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

Just got an Eltax 6 sub for my 36zp18p. I can connect either to preamp line out or via the speaker outs. I have a problem tough... the preamp out connection sounds better, but the volume is obviously fixed (dvd is lower output than sky box so have to play with sub to et baance correct).the speaker out does have volume control, but the bass output sems lacking.

My question: does anyone know if the speaker outs on a 36zp18p are limited bandwidth? The standard speakers are just small satelites with a so called 'super woofer' in the main cabinet. Im sure ive read that someone else upgraded the speaers to a set of Missions. Apart from no centre channel output, a limited b/w output would sound awful....

Ideas?

2. kenfowler3966

kenfowler3966

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    You do realise that if you are feeding sound via optical or digital cable from a dvd player into this set to use the dolby digital features that the audio out is dead?

I have hit this snag as I use radio headphones a lot due to a little deafness and wanting the children to be able to sleep at night, and they are connected to the audio out on the rear of the set. Play a dvd using my optical link for sound and they dont work, unless I open the front panel and connect to the headphone socket.

3. nbridger

nbridger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

Hmmm. Thats strange? My set does definately output something when I use digital audio in. BUT have noticed that I have the Audio Output setting on my dvd player (Tosh SD210) set to Analogue 2 Channel. So maybe Im getting both - digital via the coax and analogue via the SCART - with the analogue being directed to the line out on the tv? If I lift the sub volume on he sub itself, then there is bass there to be had....