1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tosh 36ZP18 settings

Discussion in 'TVs' started by aqureshi, Oct 18, 2001.

1. aqureshi

aqureshi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,
    This may be a very basic question.I have today received my new tosh Tv and would like to know what are the normal settings:
    Contrast
    Brightness
    Colour
    Tint
    DNR
    Scan- What is the difference between Natural and 100MHz
    When people mention Geometry and Brightness problem and Purity, what do they actually mean and How can I test my set to see if it suffers from any of the above.

I am still waiting for the Amp(SR5200)delivery hence started using the speakers which came with the set.

i have connected the set as follows:

Digi box- scart to RGB on TV(Ist scart on TV)
    Digi box scart to VCR
    VCR scart to S Video scart on TV(2nd scart on TV)
    DVD scart to s-video scart on TV( 3rd scart on TV)

I have connected all the four speakers, but I can't hear any thing from the surround speakers. Do I need to connect something else(any phono connections). In the menu it says
    Surround set to Yes.

What will be the settings of on AV Connection screen for my setup.

Finally what are these Picture settings 1,2 and 3.

I'll be v.grateful of any advise from any experts out there.

Cheers

2. Doubledoom

Doubledoom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Quite a lot of info you want here. There was a settings thread less than a month ago which you may wish to search out.

Contrast 39
    Brightness 42
    Colour 40
    Tint 00
    DNR off
    Scan- What is the difference between Natural and 100MHz

Natural is better with text and graphics but can increase smearing on dark screens. 100hz reduces the smearing but text & graphics can flicker.

They are factory defaults. Setting 3 though turns off Dynamic contrast (which you will probably want to do. Choose setting 3 and amend the picture settings to suit your taste.

looking at other's settings isnt much use as it will depend on lighting etc as to how you should have the tv set up. The higher the light in the room, the higher the brightness & contrast usually.

I found that the Geometry wasnt too bad on the set. The NTSC positioning was out but i only amended the PAL settings a little. I would suggets you leave them as they are unless you start to see credits appearing off screen or the positioning too much to one side. Then ask for help in here.

3. aqureshi

aqureshi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the help.
    I had a check the previous posting u mentioned. Your settings were different to what you have mentioned in this reply.

Cheers

4. Doubledoom

Doubledoom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I adjust them depending on the light. The tv is near a window and the settings get tweaked depending on the brightness of the daylight or the moonlight. I tend to watch the tv when it's dark and i have no external lights behind my house for about a mile so it can be pretty dark in my house with the lights off.