1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tosh 36ZP18 --> Panasonic 36PB50/Sony 36FS70

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by the_saints, Nov 1, 2001.

1. the_saints

the_saints

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I think I may finally reject the Tosh 36ZP18 after having tried 5 sets and receiving advice that they all have the screen purity issue.
    If I do, what do I go for? I guess it's got to be a 36" as a 32" model now seems small!!

Unless anyone can recomend anything else it will be between the Panazonic 36PB50 and the Sony 36FS70

I have hada long demo in the showroom with the Panasonic and it looked pretty damn good. No geometry or staining problem and as far as I could tell in the showroom there was no hum - it looks like the PG sereies may have been fixed. But I was unable to try a NTSC DVD to see if the moire problem was still there.

The Sony had geometry issues and the salesman told me thatt they have had a considerable amount of returns on this model but none on the Panasonic.

So the question is does anyone out there have any advice or experience on these (or any other recommendations)?

2. dts borg

dts borg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    the moire effect is that like sand dune swirls in the back ground that are fixed ?

will be getting my 3rd tosh 36 soon, if this is not right I will swap for the panasonic. Only thing is they look ugly.........