TOSH 36ZP18 Help!!!!!

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by dts borg, Oct 30, 2001.

1. dts borg

dts borg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    More on my last post TOSH 36ZP18 OH YES.

Which should now read OH NO!!!!!!!!!.
    Had the service guy come last week as I had a tilt in the picture, he said That the TV will need to be replaced,
    as there is a fault with the tube..........OH GREAT:eek:
    So my near perfect tosh is a gonna. I await my replacement today.

Over the last week I have watched more than a few DVDs and have found some faults with this set........please Help

1. when a sceen change happens I can see the lines open up HORIZONTALY for a few seconds. This is a on & off effect present at all times no matter what im watching.

2. Sand dune Like swirls in the picture these are fixed no movement. Really bad while watch U571 the other night.

3. Brightness flicker, when watching Sky Digital news at the top off the screen. Could this be the flicker in most post on this set?

4. Vertical Stainging left and right of the screen.can this be removed ?

All my cables are Ixos or qed, so I don't think its my cables.
    My DVD player is a SONY 735 or my Panasonic A110 Region 1 only.

Before I go last nigt I watched the region 1 DVD SHREK. This TV really came to life the best picture I have seen so far......Oh 10/10 for the movie.

Thanks 2 all that can help..............MAKE IT SO

Keith

Attached Files:

2. Doubledoom

Doubledoom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    This is incorrect.

Vertical tilt can be corrected in the service menu and horizontal tilt can be repaired by opening the box and adjusting it from inside. They should fix the horizontal tilt first and then adjust the horzintal fix afterwards to correct.

Don't know. I don't get this on mine.

Sounds like MPEG compression or a too soft picture. Check your dvd sharpness settings and DNR settings.

Could be dynamic contrast. I didn't like this option either. Have you amended your picture settings after choosing picture mode 3 or did you amend them using picture mode 1 or 2 (picture mode 3 turns off dynamic contrast)

Possibly. IF you have sky digital. Put the tv into super live mode and turn to 480 (music choice). This will give you a mostly red screen. If the red has discolouration, put the tv into standby, wait 5 seconds and turn it back on again. Is the staining still there? If no, don't worry about it too much as this is normal for a few weeks. It should clear up. However, you should check to see if you have any speakers near to the set as this tv has little protection from outside interference.

You can do the same as above with a blue screen by choosing an a/v channel which does not have a source turned on.

3. dts borg

dts borg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    A new set was just deliverd................ :p
    It has the same problems as the first , but with the added benifit of a scrach on the screen:mad:

Must be a fault batch was the reply from the shop. Lets see when the third set comes !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Was just wondering with respect to the horizontal tilt problem if this internal adjustment can be done yourself. Wouldn't mind having ago but obviously don't won't to attempt something that might ruin what is almost a perfect picture! :eek:

Thanks,

Frankie-j

5. Doubledoom

Doubledoom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I wouldn't recommend you open the box up and make the adjustments.

You need to disconnect the processor, remove the tube from the housings and adjust the yoke.

Far too much could go wrong. Although it is a fairly easy thing to do if you know what you are doing. You would lose all warrenty protection.

6. dts borg

dts borg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    No don't fancy messing with the inside.Will wait for another replacement.

My set that was deliverd today has very little staining, shame it has got a fault & scrach on the screen