1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tosh 36ZP18 connection question

Discussion in 'TVs' started by craigr, Dec 16, 2002.

1. craigr

craigr

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I have recently purchased a Tosh 36ZP18, and am trying to fathom the best connection method for my Pioneer DVL-909 DVD player.

The Pioneer doesn't have component out, just RGB SCART and S-Video. My main question would be: it is best to connect SCART to SCART (RGB socket 1) or is there such a thing as SCART to Component Video cable, and in which case would I get a better picture that way ?

Any help much appreciated.

Craig

2. SteveE

SteveE

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Along the same lines, I've just got the aformentioned Tosh and have connected my DVD player into SCART1 but seem to be picking up some ghosting from terestrial TV. It gets really bad when you freeze frame on a plain background (like grey sky). I tried puting the TV onto an unused blue screen channel (i.e. 6). But that makes things worse with a fuzzy picture. It's the same if not worse with a PS/2 in this SCART.

Any ideas?

Cheers, Steve

3. craigr

craigr

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Any ideas yet guys n gals ?

I went into my local dealer today and they told me there was no way of connecting component video to SCART, and that my only connection option was SCART to SCART.

Is this true ?

4. Fatbloke99

Fatbloke99

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Quite true - the SCART specification does not include component connection. RGB, Composite video and Y/C (S-video) only.

RGB should be slightly better than Y Cr Cb anyway, but only slightly, and it's likely that the internal signal paths in the TV (not to mention the awful SCART socket itself) are going to lose you any small advantage from going RGB compared to component.

Go RGB from the 909 to SCART 1 on the TV. If you still get problems then maybe try a better SCART lead or check the possibility of other sources of interferance.

Good luck with it.