1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tosh 36zp18 channel 5

Discussion in 'TVs' started by swainstong, Feb 19, 2002.

1. swainstong

swainstong

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    had my 36zp18 for 5 months now and suddenly lost chan 5 reception. i have checked settings and they seem ok, am i missing something silly. i have it set on 35 and even fine tuning makes no difference. i also have dark vertical lines on both edges of screen especially noticable watching football. got a comet engineer coming on thursday any info appreciated.:rolleyes:

2. m@rk

m@rk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +360
    Are you able to tune into Channel 5 on a different program?

If no then it's a transmission problem. If yes then it looks like a fault.

As far as the dark bars go, look at the 2 large 36ZP18P threads further down. You will find that these are not faults but features of the set.

3. swainstong

swainstong

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    not sure i understand the question regarding different program.
    but i can receive chan 5 on a seperate tv connected to same aerial, i can as expected still receive thru sky digital. i realise that the freq is very close to the video output and i am not experiencing any problems with video. thanks for the info going to check further posts again

4. m@rk

m@rk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +360
    What I meant was:

Normally, you have BBC1 on Programme 1, BBC2 on 2, ITV on 3, Ch4 on 4 and Ch5 on 5.

Can you tune in say programme 6 to Channel 5? This would then help discover where the fault lies.

If you can get Ch5 on a different programme button, then it would appear to be a fault with programme 5 whereas if you can't get Ch5 at all (Sky excluded), then I would look towards a transmission fault.

5. swainstong

swainstong

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks for quick response, far better than service dept.
    i just checked tuning on a different chan (9) and still no reception when i tune to 35 just a blue screen flickering, as i say i can receive on portable tv at same coax.
    regards

6. Spencem

Spencem

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Have you tried disconecting your VCR? It could be a problem with the VCR causing cross channel interferance. Also have you tried scanning accross the entire spectrum rather than just UHF 35?

Otherwise it's down to the Commet engineer, lets hope he recognises it as a TV and not a large microwave :devil:

7. Monster

Monster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +30
    Have you tried using the VCR tuner?